• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wiessport / Jim Thorpe PA 10/11

gorgonzola

Great day to be outside! Here's a little TR from today's ride.

Left Weissporrt with BW just after 1:00 for the first leg of the journey which is some fun singletrack that winds back and forth along the canal path. Nice fast, twisty trail with afew rcoky technical sections and well built ladder bridges/stunts. There was a lot of activity on the river since it was a dam release day and the fall colors are really starting to pop
DSCN9321.jpg

About 8.5 miles to the JT train station, freakin people everywhere! We thought we'd try to hook up with the JTTC ride but didn't see them in the masses so we continued up broadway to the high street climb onto the switch back trail to Mauch Chunk Lake, Flagstaff Mountain in the background
DSCN9324.jpg

Then across the road climbing up the switchback to the top of Pisgah. I think the climb from the train station to the lookout is about 1600' not sure though - felt like more especially on high St. This is from the first lookout looking back down to Jim Thorpe with the Blue Mt in the background
DSCN9325.jpg

The second overloook looks out to Broad Mountain, the dark green depression in the upper right is Glen Onoko falls
DSCN9330.jpg

DSCN9332.jpg

We decided to try and find the Indian Path trail back down but ended up missing the singletrack cut off and took the inclined plane the whole way smokin the brakes down the steep constant grade! Oh well..
Then back down the Wiessport / JT canal trail back - some fun pump track-like sections in this direction. BW on the long ladder bridge. He built alot of this stuff
dscn9333.jpg

And me...
DSCN9335.jpg

Back at the lot around 4:30 for a total of 23 miles, definatlely a great day, thanks again for the tour BW!

Greg

Staff member
Can't wait to get up to the 20+ mile mark on a ride. That ladder bridge looks fun. I might actually try it. I'm slowly getting over my bridge fear. Nice pics!

gorgonzola

thanks it was a fun ride - i'm sure you'd do these, the bridges are located between fast flowy sections of trail so you don't have time to think about 'em!