• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan - 10/13/08

Greg

Staff member
I'm starting to feel a bit left out with all this stuntry you guys are hitting...

Bah! Ride at your own pace/comfort/skill level. Despite all the ribbing we do online, I think we all know it's not a competition. I'm starting to get over my bridge fear so that helps. Also, those two drops at Tyler Mill made me more comfortable in the air. They're in the 3 foot range, but the approaches and more importantly the landings are wide open and smooth so they were good confidence builders. 3-4' is going to be my max for now and I'm cool with that since I'm primarily a trail rider. If you want to go any bigger you need to start hunting them out most of the time.

You'll have to let me in on these breathing tips you mentioned.

Same here!

No big secret really, and probably stuff you already do. Really concentrating on doing it often is the key vs. just hammering the gas the whole time. I started a thread on it:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/38518-rolling-recovery.html

bvibert

Staff member
Bah! Ride at your own pace/comfort/skill level. Despite all the ribbing we do online, I think we all know it's not a competition. I'm starting to get over my bridge fear so that helps. Also, those two drops at Tyler Mill made me more comfortable in the air. They're in the 3 foot range, but the approaches and more importantly the landings are wide open and smooth so they were good confidence builders. 3-4' is going to be my max for now and I'm cool with that since I'm primarily a trail rider. If you want to go any bigger you need to start hunting them out most of the time.

I am riding at my own level. Riding with you guys gives me the confidence to try harder stuff, not to mention I don't like hitting too much stuff when I'm by myself, for fear of getting hurt.

MR. evil

I am riding at my own level. Riding with you guys gives me the confidence to try harder stuff, not to mention I don't like hitting too much stuff when I'm by myself, for fear of getting hurt.

My advice is to get that beefier set of wheels before you start going after more air. You have been busting spokes on trail rides. You start hitting hitting several 2 to 3 foot drops in a row and your wheel will explode :razz:

o3jeff

My advice is to get that beefier set of wheels before you start going after more air. You have been busting spokes on trail rides. You start hitting hitting several 2 to 3 foot drops in a row and your wheel will explode :razz:

It will make for some good video.

bvibert

Staff member

New wheels are definitely in order, but I'm not even really talking about the drops so much as skinnies, a-frames, rollers, etc..

MR. evil

New wheels are definitely in order, but I'm not even really talking about the drops so much as skinnies, a-frames, rollers, etc..

I am starting to find drops are easier than rollers. Steep rollers really freak me out. I need to get back to Case so I can hit those two rollers I wussed out on and get those off my list.