Pain in the arse

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pain in the arse

Does this go away after you ride a bit more frequently? I was going to try to go today but with my wife not be to happy i didnt push it. Why? cause when i got on my bike this morning to go for a quick spin, i couldnt sit down. holy christ did it hurt. any tips?

Gain 20 pounds for extra padding..

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    Does this go away after you ride a bit more frequently? I was going to try to go today but with my wife not be to happy i didnt push it. Why? cause when i got on my bike this morning to go for a quick spin, i couldnt sit down. holy christ did it hurt. any tips?
    Get a pair of biking shorts with a built-in pad. works wonders! doesn't eliminate 100% of the pain but makes it very tolerable.

Also bike seat makes a difference. The seat on my bike when it was new felt great. it broke and the replacement is a different brand. not as comfortable.

Get a pair of padded bike shorts and fix your seat.

oh, and stop riding at tyler mill

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    oh, and stop riding at tyler mill
    lobbed you a meatball didnt i?

Jeff, i did fix the seat when i got home saturday. padded bike shorts will be purchased tomorrow.

Another vote for padded biking shorts. It's almost a requirement. I know you love the wind pants and all, but you just gotta change out of those grimy things from time to time. You'll get used to it.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    um, am I missing something here?

what's the correlation between your wife not being happy and your ass hurting too much to ride your bike

or is it a private matter I shouldn't ask questions about?

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    um, am I missing something here?

what's the correlation between your wife not being happy and your ass hurting too much to ride your bike

or is it a private matter I shouldn't ask questions about?

lol, i see your point.

I didnt push it with my wife cause my ass was hurting so much FROM MY MTN BIKE RIDE ON SATURDAY that it probably wouldnt have been much fun to ride today anyway. that was the correlation.

i put that in caps so there is no doubt about anything here.

And yes, it does go away after a bit. And you get better and picking your ass up off the seat for the most jarring bumps.
    If it ain't Poe, I don't go.

Thread Information