• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1970s Peugeot PX-10

Gremf

Website
ctmtblog.blogspot.com
Any road bike officionados here? A friend of mine rescued a PX-10 from the dump the other day and dropped it off at my house. After a little research I found that this bike was probably made somewhere between 1970 and 1973. Everything appears to be original with the exception of the rear derailler. It even has the original Brooks Saddle.

Question is, what should I do with this? I am not really a road biker, I bike commute but if I am going to spend a day riding, I ride trails. I guess what I am wondering is whether it makes sense to convert this to a fixie/ss which is what I like doing, update the components but keep it a road bike, or just do my best to clean it up and then hang it on the wall as a tribute to Eddie Mercx? Of course if I go the latter route, I will probably use it to ride to work.

What makes the most sense?

Moe Ghoul

Any road bike officionados here? A friend of mine rescued a PX-10 from the dump the other day and dropped it off at my house. After a little research I found that this bike was probably made somewhere between 1970 and 1973. Everything appears to be original with the exception of the rear derailler. It even has the original Brooks Saddle.

Question is, what should I do with this? I am not really a road biker, I bike commute but if I am going to spend a day riding, I ride trails. I guess what I am wondering is whether it makes sense to convert this to a fixie/ss which is what I like doing, update the components but keep it a road bike, or just do my best to clean it up and then hang it on the wall as a tribute to Eddie Mercx? Of course if I go the latter route, I will probably use it to ride to work.

What makes the most sense?

I had a purple Peugeot 10 speed as a kid in the 70's, they were hot stuff back then. Is there a bicycle collector's market? Do bikes become "classics" like cars and MC's?

Rossi Smash

Clean her up, trying to keep it as original as possible. If the frame size is close....ride it!!!
Can you post a picture, I will try and date it for you.

An original rear derailer will not be that hard to find (think ebay) if you want to get her back
to her former glory

Last edited: