• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

When do you relax and start to enjoy your day?

Joshua B

I don't relax while I'm driving to the ski area, or when I'm walking with my skis to the ticket counter, or after I've booted up in the lodge. The first time I relax and enjoy my day is when I snap into my bindings. :lol:

Greg

Staff member
Joshua B said:
I don't relax while I'm driving to the ski area, or when I'm walking with my skis to the ticket counter, or after I've booted up in the lodge. The first time I relax and enjoy my day is when I snap into my bindings. :lol:
Once I sit down on the chair.

Vortex

I relax when I get on the lift after the 1st lift line builds.
I rush to get in as many early runs with no lines and fresh tracks as a can. When the gang all arrives I take a deep breath and relax and look back at what I got in early.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
yea, what blacknblue said. i am excited in the morning of any ski day, so i dunno if i ever am truly "relaxed" on a ski day. i certainly relax on the drive up as i usually leave really early and have an easy drive up. it's when i stop relaxing that always kills me... the manchester 293 entrance on i93 south :evil: and even worse after crossing over into MA. thankfully don't have to worry about that any more :)

Vortex

riverc0il said:
yea, what blacknblue said. i am excited in the morning of any ski day, so i dunno if i ever am truly "relaxed" on a ski day. i certainly relax on the drive up as i usually leave really early and have an easy drive up. it's when i stop relaxing that always kills me... the manchester 293 entrance on i93 south :evil: and even worse after crossing over into MA. thankfully don't have to worry about that any more :)

Your leading into my question.... are you in and settled?

dmc

When I climb and ride something REALLY steep.. I'm not relexed until I'm strapped onto my board..

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Greg said:
Joshua B said:
Once I sit down on the chair.
I would have to go with this also.

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Days I am working at the ski area I do not relax until my shift is over(ski patrol) or until lessons are over (when I instruct).Other ski days...as soon as I can see the mountain coming into view.

pepperdawg

1st inhaled breath of cold, cold, dry winter air on a particular ski(ride) day....be it walking out of ski house, getting out of car, etc...thats the trigger for my mind to know whats in store and brings back so many memories.....

mmmmmm....cold, dry, air w/temps in mid teens....doesnt get much better...

bvibert

Staff member
I think I relax when I get to start my run. When I'm on the chair I'm ussually anxious to get to the top and ski!