• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Retro gear whores rejoice, meet my friend Rossi Smash

Rossi Smash

Nice try guys.....but now that I know it is actually a monument symbolizing the love and respect you have for what was one fine piece of ski gear.....I'm o.k. with it :beer:

Here's to the MANY happy turns done with their help :daffy:

And Dammit, it's ro TA mat....:grin:

Trekchick

Rossi Smash is not a cute girl, but I'll see what I can do to introduce a few of my gal pals to you in the future.

Rossi did send me a wonderful birthday present.
attachment.php

Can you see me, rockin these bad girls on retro day!
Does anyone have any suggestion for some Retro attire that will "go with" my new fancy schmancy skis?:lol:

Rossi Smash

Does anyone have any suggestion for some Retro attire that will "go with" my new fancy schmancy skis?:lol:

Red, White and Blue was a pretty easy theme to follow in the 70's...so I would think you will find something if you keep your eyes open.

btw...when does your "home hill" usually open each season? Can we get mr. tc to roll some footage of your first retro run????

Philpug

Red, White and Blue was a pretty easy theme to follow in the 70's...so I would think you will find something if you keep your eyes open.

btw...when does your "home hill" usually open each season? Can we get mr. tc to roll some footage of your first retro run????

Any video of Mr TC is retro. Video of him skiing is like watching old newsreel of Babe Ruth running the bases, it has that brown tint and that slight flicker ;)

Trekchick

Any video of Mr TC is retro. Video of him skiing is like watching old newsreel of Babe Ruth running the bases, it has that brown tint and that slight flicker ;)
Y'all have no idea how true this is.

I'm thinking a white jacket with navy blue pants, and a blue hat with a pom pom, to match my retro ROC's

Glenn

Here's my haul from yesterday. I took a closer look at the skis after work. Aside from a thick layer of dust and some semi rusted edges, all three are in good shape. Really good shape if you consider how old they are. I have a feeling these were used a few times a year...when the conditions were good. The bases are nearly perfect. I honestly think all of these are too nice to hang on the shed. I'm now kicking myself for not dumpster diving in West Dover when I saw a bunch of drilled/no bindings rental skis in a ski shop dumpster over Labor Day weekend. Oh well.

NewOldSkis1.jpg

NewOldSkis.jpg

Philpug

Here's my haul from yesterday. I took a closer look at the skis after work. Aside from a thick layer of dust and some semi rusted edges, all three are in good shape. Really good shape if you consider how old they are. I have a feeling these were used a few times a year...when the conditions were good. The bases are nearly perfect. I honestly think all of these are too nice to hang on the shed. I'm now kicking myself for not dumpster diving in West Dover when I saw a bunch of drilled/no bindings rental skis in a ski shop dumpster over Labor Day weekend. Oh well.

NewOldSkis1.jpg

NewOldSkis.jpg
Dump the K2's. The Rossi's are the best of the three. The Kneissl's have the second edition 727's (or 737, cannot tell), either way they are missing the AFD and have the plastic heels, which had a jack in the box heel, it will explode, just a matter of when.

Glenn

Dump the K2's. The Rossi's are the best of the three. The Kneissl's have the second edition 727's (or 737, cannot tell), either way they are missing the AFD and have the plastic heels, which had a jack in the box heel, it will explode, just a matter of when.

I'll get some better pics this weekend. Those are from my crackberry and the details can be a bit grainy.

:beer:

Trekchick

I have some Ski Levi's I picked up on eBay this spring. Nice navy blue cords. You'll have to fix the zipper though as it was broken upon arrival. :D
Let me splain sumthin.
I can tear the crankset off a bike.
I can change the sprocket on my rear.
I can change the tires on my bike
I can(with the proper jig) mount bindings on my skis
but I can not, with any great deal of success mend a zipper on a jacket or pair of pants.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Let me splain sumthin.
but I can not, with any great deal of success mend a zipper on a jacket or pair of pants.
:lol: Neither can I, hence why the zipper is still broken. :oops: But they'd be perfect - the right era for your ski outfit! (And they're small on me right now, so they wouldn't be HUGE on you either.)

bvibert

Staff member
Let me splain sumthin.

One word for you:

Duct tape

Ok, that was two, but you get the point.

Rossi Smash

Same goes for the NON Equipe, standard 747's on the Rossi's.........:-(

Last edited: