• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Host Status Thread

Greg

Staff member
I will be changing Web hosts for the entire AlpineZone.com Web site in the coming days. I plan to pull the trigger on the DNS change on Friday afternoon (May 13) at which point I will temporarily disable the forum. Check back periodically during the weekend. If you can access and post on the forums, you'll know that your DNS entries have updated and you're looking at the new host.

I hope the configuration goes smoothly, but when moving a site this size, there will inevitably be some issues. I ask for your patience during the conversion. I just noticed that tomorrow is Friday the 13th. I guess I'm glutton for punishment... :p

Thanks!

Greg

Staff member
Looks like the forum database was successfully moved. Next on the agenda is restoring the Gallery which I will attempt tonight. I will then get the rest of the site published once the domain name resolves to the new host. So far so good!
:beer:

Greg

Staff member
I think we're in pretty good shape. Please let me know if you notice any problems. Thanks for your patience!

Greg

Staff member
Well, it looks like everything is in order. Props to AlpineZone's new Web host, JaguarPC. Their customer support was very helpful in getting everything set up, especially the forum database!
:beer:

Joshua B

Nice job Greg. Things seem to be even faster here. The new web host looks like a great one.

Greg

Staff member
Joshua B said:
Nice job Greg. Things seem to be even faster here. The new web host looks like a great one.
Thanks Joshua. I know for a fact that the box AZ was hosted on at the old host was getting kind of dated. I think it was a Pentium III :blink:

It does seem zippier here now.

BeanoNYC

Greg said:
Joshua B said:
Thanks Joshua. I know for a fact that the box AZ was hosted on at the old host was getting kind of dated. I think it was a Pentium III :blink:

Yep is much quicker. Case in point is Austin's "guess the ski area thread" The pages are loading much quicker. Kudos Greg. :beer:

awf170

BeanoNYC said:
Greg said:
Joshua B said:

Yep is much quicker. Case in point is Austin's "guess the ski area thread" The pages are loading much quicker. Kudos Greg. :beer:

i dont think that page would be to much fun on dial up... and ya it does seem quicker, good job greg :D