• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Friday night crew check in...

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Thanks for the offer. The underpants gnomes assure me they have a plan that they guarantee will get rid of the trolls. I'm a little concerned though. They won't give me any details, but from what I've seen they seem to be collecting a lot of propane canisters, chicken wire, citronella candles, vaseline, potpourri, Dr. Scholls gel insoles, turkey pot pies, and p-tex. That Troll-X sounds a lot safer, unfortunately I already have a contract with the underpants gnomes. I had to pay half up front.

I really wish they'd just hurry up and do what ever they're going to do, those trolls really stink. Only about half of them are potty trained and those that are never flush. They keep putting the new TP rolls with the paper hanging down the back too... :angry:

what did i miss? what troll?

bvibert

Staff member
what did i miss? what troll?

For those that missed it; Marc's intent for this thread was not for everyone to sound off about what they may or may not be doing on Friday nights, but rather to post some outlandish excuse as to why you didn't go out (my bolding for emphasis):

and tell your lame excuse for staying in tonight.

The more bizarre the better. Reality not necessary.

Me? On my way home from work I was chased by a pack of reconnoitering fisher cats who almost got one of my tires. In the haste of my speedy getaway, I nearly ran a couple in their monster truck off the road. I stopped to make sure they were okay, and they were, but it distracted me from plugging my cell into my car charger. Since I couldn't reach the president because my phone battery was dead to tell him I was going to miss the flight to Camp David to advise the economic summit between him and Sarkozy, I was detained by the Secret Service, the FBI, the NSA and mall security just as I was about to pull in to my driveway. I told them if they didn't let me pass I'd call out my attack badgers. They left in a hurry, but not before hitting my mail box.

Busy re-aligning my mailbox, I completely lost track of time, and where I put my car keys. Therefore, I'm staying put until such time I can safely locate them.

It was a pretty average day. What about you?

Hence my attempt to steer this thread back to the originally intended direction that so few of you seemed to comprehend:

I would have replied sooner, but I was swallowed by a sink hole that appeared between my car and house on my way in from running out to the store to get some restraints for the kids last night. The restraints were needed because we couldn't find a sitter and we wanted to go out. Anyway, I fell into the sink hole and spent the next several hours fighting with the troll people that lived at the bottom of the hole. Apparently they don't like living down there and have been trying to get out for years. I guess their short stature prevents them from climbing very high. Once we came to an understanding we worked together to climb out of the hole. I won't go into the details, but lets say that the escape method involved braiding rope from the trolls that I had killed during the epic battle.

The real unfortunate thing is the trolls are really lazy and all they want to do is hang around my house and watch TV, I can't get rid of them. They're kinda mean too, so I wouldn't trust leaving them alone to watch our kids. I'm close to an agreement with the underpants gnomes to help me get rid of them once and for all though. Stay tuned...

I shoulda checked back in, this thread turned around. B, keep us updated with the troll situation. I think I've still got a can of Troll-X in my garage. You know, the stuff that you can spray from like 30' so when they get all angry you're at a safe distance.

Thanks for the offer. The underpants gnomes assure me they have a plan that they guarantee will get rid of the trolls. I'm a little concerned though. They won't give me any details, but from what I've seen they seem to be collecting a lot of propane canisters, chicken wire, citronella candles, vaseline, potpourri, Dr. Scholls gel insoles, turkey pot pies, and p-tex. That Troll-X sounds a lot safer, unfortunately I already have a contract with the underpants gnomes. I had to pay half up front.

I really wish they'd just hurry up and do what ever they're going to do, those trolls really stink. Only about half of them are potty trained and those that are never flush. They keep putting the new TP rolls with the paper hanging down the back too... :angry:

The lack of reading comprehension on this forum is really quite scary sometimes... :roll:

Unless you people really thought that Marc spent part of his night re-aligning his mailbox?? I mean come on, an engineer re-aligning his mailbox! I can see how you'd think the rest of his story would be believable, but that part?? :dunce:

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
For those that missed it; Marc's intent for this thread was not for everyone to sound off about what they may or may not be doing on Friday nights, but rather to post some outlandish excuse as to why you didn't go out (my bolding for emphasis):

Hence my attempt to steer this thread back to the originally intended direction that so few of you seemed to comprehend:

The lack of reading comprehension on this forum is really quite scary sometimes... :roll:

Unless you people really thought that Marc spent part of his night re-aligning his mailbox?? I mean come on, an engineer re-aligning his mailbox! I can see how you'd think the rest of his story would be believable, but that part?? :dunce:

compleatly missed the first part. thanks for the recap. funny stuff

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com

Cereal.

I built and installed a self aligning mail box post like six years ago.