• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Key Chain thread...how many keys do you have??

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
same problem they are all the same shape and some fit but wont turn. they do make those little rubber things so you can color code. when i at the hill the only key i bring is the car the rest saty in the glovebox.
same here, keeps me from losing things that way and cuts down on the bulk

ccskier

They are making car keys too cumbersome these days. My car key is one of those fob things, have to push a block into the dash board and press the button. Kind of a pita. Other than that, about 6-8 other keys.

o3jeff

I have three different key rings.
-Personal ring has car key, house key and key to my Dads house
-Company car ring has car key and house key
-Work ring that i leave in car has keys to CT office, Boston showroom, mail box, Philadelphia showroom and electronic security card to gain access to lobby at Boston office.

Hawkshot99

My key ring.....
-Carabiner to clip it to my pocket
-Car key
-House key(never use. Use the garage opener but have it for emergency)
-Room key
-Store front door key
-Roof rack
-A ski ticket plastic zip-tie wicket

So that is 7 things. Used to have more but got rid of them.

WJenness

I've got a 'biner that holds my keys.
I then separate my keys into subrings that can be removed from the 'biner when I only need a subset of keys.

I have a subring that holds my car key / remote (VW/Audi switchblade key), my house key, my work proximity fob
hidhid1346large.jpg
and the key to my laptop lock. These are the keys I need all the time.

Another subring contains the key to my mother's house, a spare key for my house, and a luggage lock key, I hardly ever need these.

Next Subring are work keys (for stuff I can't get into with my proximity fob): Main door key (in case card access system is down), key to the IT closet and server / telephone rooms, key to the front door of the building (we lease space in a larger office building), a key I don't recognize, and a spare fob.

Last Subring are keys to the fencing club: one for the outside door to the mill, and the other for the fencing room and the office. These are separate as I often have to loan them out.

-w

ComeBackMudPuddles

I'm not a fan of carrying around all my keys (don't need any help with having a bulge down there), so I regularly only carry my house keys (two for the door and one to get into my building). I don't use my car every day, so I keep the car keys and another key chain with random keys at home.

And this has got be one of the more useless threads of all time (though I couldn't resist chipping in).

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
I'm not a fan of carrying around all my keys (don't need any help with having a bulge down there), so I regularly only carry my house keys (two for the door and one to get into my building). I don't use my car every day, so I keep the car keys and another key chain with random keys at home.

And this has got be one of the more useless threads of all time (though I couldn't resist chipping in).

i havent put my keys in pocket for the lest 10 years they are always on a beiner.

frozencorn

Two rings

1. House key, car 1 key, car 2 key, key to parents' house.

2. Key to NH ski house (back door, side door), upstairs private closet, magic hat bottle opener.