"bitter sweet"

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "bitter sweet"

"bitter sweet"

Who is sick of raking leaves......?

I don't rake leaves...I don't see the point in raking until mid November when all the leaves have fallen..or just leave them and let the snow cover them..

Haven't started yet. Need to get out at the end of this week and cut the grass and suck up leaves with the ol' tractor, which limits the need for raking, thank goodness. Of course, I do need to empty the bag every 10 minutes, but hey, no raking.

I don't rake until they're all down. Still waiting on a sugar maple, a silver maple and a swamp maple.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

I'll wait until they are all down. Last year I bought a sweeper contraption I can pull around with the tractor to gather the leaves. I also just got a bagger for it so I'll run that around to grab what's leftover. We have a lot of oaks that don't fully drop their leaves until mid-November or later. I've often been skiing already before I've done the final leaf clean-up.
    I ski double black diamonds.

I wait til they're all down, and let mother nature blow half of them away.
    Silent.....but shredly.

I just mow my lawn at regular intervals into the first week of November. I usually bag my clippings so the leaves just get ground up with them.

Had a lot of leaves this weekend, mowing took a good 30-45 minutes longer than usual.

We've got 2 acres of land, almost all of it mowable. Even with the tractor, it takes 2 1/2-3 hours to get it done.

Add leaves, and it's a 4-hour job. That's why I usually wait, however, we've got the annual flag football game this weekend, and painting the field is a little easier without the leaves there. Alas, so goes my job for the week.

I have to bag my leaves, too many and too little room for composting. 200 compressed bags. Used to be 250 bags till we cut a few trees down.
    I do it in November when the town picks up the bags. quite a production, I'm quite exhausted each weekend in November.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    I have to bag my leaves, too many and too little room for composting. 200 compressed bags. Used to be 250 bags till we cut a few trees down.
    I do it in November when the town picks up the bags. quite a production, I'm quite exhausted each weekend in November.
    Wow, that must suck to have to bag that many. All I have to do is blow them out to the curb into a pile.

Thread Information