• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's talk Kryptons

bvibert

Staff member
Stiffer, you will notice the flex rating of the Cross and Pro is slightly different, Apples to Apples, the Gold is rated at 5 stiffer... whatever that translates to.

So you prefer the Silver because it's a little flexier, or because of the added volume, or..??

Greg

Staff member
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a pair of Krypton Cross's. I would have gone for the Pro's, but they say that the gold liners are too low volume for my foot.

Nice job henchman!

I hereby decree that the Krypton will be the official boot of the CLITS. Resistance is futile... :lol:

Trekchick

Nice job henchman!

I hereby decree that the Krypton will be the official boot of the CLITS. Resistance is futile... :lol:
Okay Mr Mogul Monster..............
I've been thinking about this a bit since getting the Kryzma.

Which is the best way to go for moguls - softer krypton or stiffer krypton?

bvibert

Staff member
The Cross and the Pro are the same shell (except for color) correct? It's just the liner and the included stiffer tongue and shock absorber foot board that are the differences?

bvibert

Staff member
Nice job henchman!

I was considering a Full Tilt just to be different, but those are a bit too retro looking for me. Plus that wire buckling system seems like it would be a pain.

o3jeff

The Cross and the Pro are the same shell (except for color) correct? It's just the liner and the included stiffer tongue and shock absorber foot board that are the differences?

That is my understanding, the liner and tongues and maybe there was something different in the goody bag too.

Edit: or what TC said

bvibert

Staff member
The Pro comes with a bigger bag of tricks, including the stiffer tongue, boot boards and the gold liner.

Isn't that pretty much what I said? So the shell is the same?

I definitely think I'd want the stiffer tongue...

Greg

Staff member
Okay Mr Mogul Monster..............
I've been thinking about this a bit since getting the Kryzma.

Which is the best way to go for moguls - softer krypton or stiffer krypton?

Given my light weight, I'm going softer. The Krypton is stiff laterally, but flexes forward which is what you want in just about any boot for free skiing.

Greg

Staff member

Ask skidmarks. He would know. If you want stiffer, there is a stiffness insert, at least on the Pro. Not sure if the Cross has that. If the shells are identical, then I suspect you could do a Pro with a silver liner, no? Probably cheaper to just do the Cross and try to find the stiffer tongues online though. I would give you mine, but I plan to maybe put them in in the spring if the mediums flex too much.

prisnah

I'm about 90% sure I'll be getting some Pro's within a few weeks, my current boot is waaaay too soft for me. As long as they'll work for my feet that is. Till then, might have to order some booster straps.

My girlfriend is in the Kryzma's and freaking loves them.

Trekchick

Yes, from what I understand, from the same last.

As Greg said, you can make all the adjustments to the Cross and Pro, to alter the feel.
But you probably already knew that. ;)

Philpug

So you prefer the Silver because it's a little flexier, or because of the added volume, or..??
All the above

I was considering a Full Tilt just to be different, but those are a bit too retro looking for me. Plus that wire buckling system seems like it would be a pain.
I get into some of the differences in my initial post

I am no lightweight, I cannot ski the stiff tongue.

bvibert

Staff member
Ask skidmarks. He would know. If you want stiffer, there is a stiffness insert, at least on the Pro. Not sure if the Cross has that. If the shells are identical, then I suspect you could do a Pro with a silver liner, no? Probably cheaper to just do the Cross and try to find the stiffer tongues online though. I would give you mine, but I plan to maybe put them in in the spring if the mediums flex too much.

Yeah, the Cross has the stiffness insert too, he already put that in the boot I was trying on last night. I'll probably just end up with the Cross and getting the stiffer tongue, I guess they're not terribly expensive. I like the sound of the stiffer Gold liner, but I guess my monster feet won't fit... :(

Trekchick

Given my light weight, I'm going softer. The Krypton is stiff laterally, but flexes forward which is what you want in just about any boot for free skiing.
I have been in love with my Storms, which are very soft. I'm looking forward to getting on snow with the Kryzma, but I'm a little nervous about the move up to the added cuff height and stiffness. According to the boot fitter, my alignment needs to be dead on with that kind of step up.
Since I already committed my storms to my baby sister, I may need to buy a new pair of storms for back up. ;)

Maybe you and Greg could swap tongues.

(And yes, I realize how that could be misconstrued...)
Swapping tongues.
Softer vs Stiffer...............what kind of forum is this?

bvibert

Staff member
Is the difference in half sizes (28.0 vs. 28.5) all in the liner or is the foot board/bed different?