• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's talk Kryptons

Trekchick

Mr TC has a boot quiver. His is more of quantity than quality. I'm thinking more of quality.

Two reasons to keep two different boots
  • Just in case you have a buckle or water issue and need a back up pair
  • for different purposes. The Kryzma is significantly stiffer, and rather than play with all the different tools to change things up, it might be nice to have a pair set up softer

Philpug

Who has a boot quiver?

IMG_1340.jpg

Rossi Smash

Mr TC has a boot quiver. His is more of quantity than quality. I'm thinking more of quality.

Two reasons to keep two different boots
  • Just in case you have a buckle or water issue and need a back up pair
  • for different purposes. The Kryzma is significantly stiffer, and rather than play with all the different tools to change things up, it might be nice to have a pair set up softer

Mine are set up kinda Soft, Medium and Firm.......at least that was my theory at the time :smash:

Greg

Staff member
I have the 8mm wedge in place and no stiffness insert. It's my understanding that that's not a good combo, i.e. if you use a wedge, you should have the stiffness insert in place. Given that I'm in the low volume gold liners which are supposed to be pretty stiff, I want to get the forward flex as soft as possible on the shell. Also, the primary purpose for going with this boot was to help in the bumps as it seems like it's the go to boot now for bump skiers. With that said, I think I want the forward lean as far forward as possible, but again I'm not sure if the 8mm wedge with no stiffness insert is appropriate. Anyone have any thoughts there?

I took a closer look here this morning. Turns out there are #4 and #8 inserts to correspond with the appropriate wedge. Duh! I pit in the #8 insert at the lowest setting (down). Now I have a bit of pressure between my lower calf and heel, but it's not too bad and I think it will break in. I'll be wearing them around the house a few more times before hitting the snow with them. I'm psyched to finally have a boot that wraps my foot/ankle so thoroughly. Aside from a bit of wiggle room up by the toes, there is almost no movement or space in the boot. Rad.

Philpug

I just got a new pair of IL Moros in for a customer, in playing with the still tongues...these buggers are STIFF. I don't know how someone could ski in them.

bvibert

Staff member
I'm in the process of getting a pair of last year's Cross's fit to my large feet. Should be good by Tuesday. :D

bvibert

Staff member
Congrats:spread: How much work are they doing to them? Do last years have more volume for you hoofs?

No more volume, but they look cooler and more importantly were cheaper. ;) A little grinding and stretching and they should be good to go.

skidmarks

I took a closer look here this morning. Turns out there are #4 and #8 inserts to correspond with the appropriate wedge. Duh! I pit in the #8 insert at the lowest setting (down). Now I have a bit of pressure between my lower calf and heel, but it's not too bad and I think it will break in. I'll be wearing them around the house a few more times before hitting the snow with them. I'm psyched to finally have a boot that wraps my foot/ankle so thoroughly. Aside from a bit of wiggle room up by the toes, there is almost no movement or space in the boot. Rad.

Hey man! I walked you through the instructions. Were you day dreaming of the bumps? I had the calf heel pressure and it went away when I started skiing the boots. #8 flex insert does not need to be used when you use a #8 wedge. But you can use it to make the boot more stiff. It will all makes sense on the snow.

Philpug

In playing with the new shells, the multi position buckle holes is interesting.

Greg

Staff member
In playing with the new shells, the multi position buckle holes is interesting.

For the middle buckle, you can shorten it by adjusting where the "clips" that the buckles clamps to sits, or by adjusting where the cable loops around behind the cuff. Like with most boots, the top buckle has an inner hole for the buckle clip if you want to shorten that up. It's amazing how tight one can get this boot around the lowest of low volume feet, which is good for me. Even I'm at the factory locations, and I have a pretty skinny ankle and foot.

deadheadskier

Staff member
As I type this, I'm wearing my newly fitted / molded Krypton Pro's courtesy of our own eastcoastpowerderhound's help. Literally night and day from when when I first tried them on unmolded out of the box. He really knows his stuff.

Here's a question I have for those with the custom liners. It was kind of embarrassing tonight when having my boots fitted over a couple of beers. I started sweating like crazy when we took the liners out of the oven and put them into the shells to mold them to my feet.

Anyone else experience this when having their liners molded?

Can't wait to try them, hopefully this Saturday.

Philpug

As I type this, I'm wearing my newly fitted / molded Krypton Pro's courtesy of our own eastcoastpowerderhound's help. Literally night and day from when when I first tried them on unmolded out of the box. He really knows his stuff.

Here's a question I have for those with the custom liners. It was kind of embarrassing tonight when having my boots fitted over a couple of beers. I started sweating like crazy when we took the liners out of the oven and put them into the shells to mold them to my feet.

Anyone else experience this when having their liners molded?

Can't wait to try them, hopefully this Saturday.

Were you wearing a skirt? :lol: