• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

S'bush trip in Feb

SKIQUATTRO

My folks always give my wife and I a trip to ski country every season...this year is Sugarbush, it'll be my 3rd trip, my wife's 1st........dilemma...do we do 2 days at Bush or 1 day Bush and 1 day MRG???

My folks always give my wife and I a trip to ski country every season...this year is Sugarbush, it'll be my 3rd trip, my wife's 1st........dilemma...do we do 2 days at Bush or 1 day Bush and 1 day MRG???

Play it by ear based on the weather and snow conditions..

noski

If you are coming in February and NOT during President's Week, and IF you are staying at a participating property (there are over 15 of them) you could look at a Ski The Valley package where your lift ticket is interchangeable between the two. You don't have to decide until you wake up and look at the trail report and weather conditions. The STV ticket is available non holiday after Christmas week until either MRG or SB closes for the season. It must be a minimum 2 night stay midweek or 3 nights if spanning the weekend. It is agressively priced and a GREAT deal. If this fits your situation, PM and I will give you all the details you need.

However, if you are not going to be able to meet those paremeters then I will let others weigh in. I know they will need more questions answered first (they always do!)

bvibert

Staff member
If the snow is good I'd suggest one day at each. The Ski The Valley ticket is great, my wife and I did that a few years back.

Talisman

Both areas are great and getting the ticket good at either makes it convenient. I think MRG is best skied mid-week (what area isn't) with fresh snow.

Discount mid week, non-holiday MRG tickets used to be easy to score. I find the line for the single chair on weekends at MRG a bummer, but Sugarbush has been getting more crowded especially at South and if the Slide Brook is running you can escape to North. The VSAA tickets might be another alternative for cheap tickets.

SKIQUATTRO

maybe we could swing the 3rd day (just have to work logistics with folk watching the kids/school etc)

we'll just play it by ear....hard call as there is no way to really get all of the bush in on one day (hard to do even with 2 days) but with MRG right there, hard not to go ski it.....

these are BAD problems to have!!!! :)

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Hit them both. IMO (of the mountains I've skied, of course), the best three mountains in the east are lined up along that ridge!

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
If you do three days, just go down the mountain range: ski LP one day, ME the next, and hit MRG (conditions permitting) your last day.

I was thinking that if you got the combined Mad River Glen/Sugarbush pass...you could ski a full day at Lincoln Peak...a half day at Mount Ellen and a half day at Mad River Glen..now that would be MSY..Mad Steezy Yo

tjf67

If you are coming in February and NOT during President's Week, and IF you are staying at a participating property (there are over 15 of them) you could look at a Ski The Valley package where your lift ticket is interchangeable between the two. You don't have to decide until you wake up and look at the trail report and weather conditions. The STV ticket is available non holiday after Christmas week until either MRG or SB closes for the season. It must be a minimum 2 night stay midweek or 3 nights if spanning the weekend. It is agressively priced and a GREAT deal. If this fits your situation, PM and I will give you all the details you need.

However, if you are not going to be able to meet those paremeters then I will let others weigh in. I know they will need more questions answered first (they always do!)

Ding ding ding. Great info thanks