• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bummin' that it's winding down?

Greg

Staff member
It's pretty easy to swallow knowing the ski season is right around the corner! I hope the transition to MTBing in the spring keeps the ski depression in check a bit.

gmcunni

I'm hoping for a few more good rides before packing the bike away. i took my daughter on a rail-trail ride yesterday. The route we took parallel's the trumbull indian ledge park but on the opposite side of the river. i kept looking over to the other side thinking about getting out there next weekend. :)

bvibert

Staff member
Don't get me wrong, I hope to get in some more good rides myself. I'm just ready to ski, I won't miss the bike too much during the winter. My biggest focus for getting out on the bike at this point is ski conditioning. That was just an added benefit for me earlier in the season, but now it's the focus.

o3jeff

Don't forget that next weekend we turn the clocks back so for the RAWs you will need light, but on the weekend we could get a real early start. Hopefully the snow flies soon and we are skiing.

Don't forget that next weekend we turn the clocks back so for the RAWs you will need light, but on the weekend we could get a real early start. Hopefully the snow flies soon and we are skiing.

The Ying and the Yank to the fall back clocks situation...I'm buying a mountain bike in the spring..and maybe I'll get to hit up some mad steezy terrain with the clits and the anus's

2knees

The Ying and the Yank to the fall back clocks situation...I'm buying a mountain bike in the spring..and maybe I'll get to hit up some mad steezy terrain with the clits and the anus's

come on up. you can learn with me. i've only got 3 rides under my belt.

come on up. you can learn with me. i've only got 3 rides under my belt.

I will..Gorgonzola is going to help me out as well..one thing about mountain bikers is that they are eager to share their sport with newcomers..I'm the same way as a skier..it's a good thing..

gorgonzola

not bummin since i'll swap the bike for the skis on saturday mornings. there are a few rides i'd like to hit - bear creek and anoter jim thorpe ride before skiing starts. one bummer is that i haven't been doing many midweek rides in october and its amazing how quick the conditioning falls off, i was sucking some serious wind sunday afternoon! i'm trying to figure out a way to keep riding through the winter or may even get a trainer to try to stay in shape - skiing doesn't provide the sustained cardio that the biking does... gss we'definately hit jordan this spring, fun/close place to ride that can be as easy or as hard as you make it.

SKIQUATTRO

i havent gotten out as much as years past for some reason...here on LI we can almost ride right thru the winter with the lack of snow we get....

Trekchick

I haven't been on the bike in nearly three weeks, mostly due to a crazy fall schedule, but in part due to crappy weather. I'm stoked for ski season, and fine with putting the bikes away, but I fear that my lack of fall riding is leaving me a tad flabby, and not ready to ski physically.
This is not normal for me :(

Rossi Smash

Still able to ride regularly back here TC. But now that the clocks are rolling back it'll be only weekend rides from here on out.

I had a great 35 miler up in the NW hills yesterday, mid 50's and still some good color on some trees. My cutoff to actually enjoy a ride is 40 degrees. Below that it's a good hike or the indoor trainer.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I haven't been on the bike in nearly three weeks, mostly due to a crazy fall schedule, but in part due to crappy weather. I'm stoked for ski season, and fine with putting the bikes away, but I fear that my lack of fall riding is leaving me a tad flabby, and not ready to ski physically.
This is not normal for me :(
I know how you feel. Between weather, school/homework, lack of babysitters, and lack of daylight during the week, it's been some time since I've been on my bike. :( I miss it. Though I am looking forward to ski season.

Greg

Staff member
It's been a week for me. I hope I can get out this afternoon.

Trekchick

Get a set of studded tires. Or make your own. :)
Oh, Puleeeze, you're not one of them are you?

I am sure RossiSmash will chime in on this soon.............
My husband just went to buy a Dirtbike to turn into an ice bike today. Of course he had to drive a couple hours so he took a buddy with him and they'll be riding some trails they don't normally get to ride. Glad he's doing it, as he needs the break from work, but I can't believe he's doing the ice bike thing :???:

o3jeff

It's been about 2 hours since I last rode:lol:

Really great ride today and if it happens to be my last ride of the season I am fine with it. Aiming to get out again next week.