• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weber Baby Q Gas Grill

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
Anyone have any experience with this grill? Weber is a big name in grilling, so by name alone I'm willing to try it. Just wondering if anyone has bought/used one.

-Stephen

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Stephen said:
Anyone have any experience with this grill? Weber is a big name in grilling, so by name alone I'm willing to try it. Just wondering if anyone has bought/used one.

-Stephen
My brother lives in Manhattan and has one. He says he likes it but got it because of storage issues. If you don't have a storage issue I think the silverB and bigger would be much better.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i was debating the larger sized weber Q grill. the baby Q was a tad small. also, i couldn't find a rack to fit the baby Q, where as the bigger version had a rack. the deal breaker? i know weber is a big name, but the price was ludicrous. the larger version of the baby Q with rack was over three hundred clams. the baby Q was around $160 at the local store and had no rack. for prices like that, i could have gotten a decent full sized grill of slightly lesser quality. i opted for the kettle from weber (22" i believe) which was only like $60 with stand. freaking good meat! i just bought a weber chimney for like $12 on amazon to go with it.

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
I ended up buying the Weber Q from Home Depot for $170. (The Baby Q is selling on Ll Bean for $129). I also bought the rolling cart for it, as well as the 20lb coverter cable. Total cost: $235. Net gain: the best campground burgers and chicken I've EVER head. This one is going to be popular at the tailgates and the camping trips. The whole thing fits in the trunk of my car. I can use the smaller 14.1 oz disposable tanks if I want, or haul the 20lb spare tank from home.

Likes: Fits in my trunk, folds up compactly (the side shelves fold into the grilling area) easily moveable (unless you are connected to a 20lb tank), cooks and tastes just like a full-sized Weber.

Dislikes: Even with the cart, the utensil hooks are too low to the ground to hang anything on them. Also it is almost impossible to grill with indirect heat. There is some space in the center of the grill that you can do this with, but with one zone that goes around the entire grill, indirect grilling is difficult to achieve. But then again... are you really looking to do gourmet in the middle of the woods, or at the ball game? Not really. :)

Recommendation: This one is worth it for great grilled meat on the road, though don't plan on replacing your camp stove with this. I had little success with brewing coffee with a camping perculator on it... still ended up brewing the coffee in the campfire.

For more info: http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/grill/2005/q/gg_reg_q.aspx

-Stephen

Greg

Staff member
My wife picked up a Weber Baby Q this weekend. The Q is nice, but seemed a little too big for camping. We'll try the Baby out this weekend and report back!