Which State has the longest coastline?

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: Which State has the longest coast line?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • CA

    0 0%
  • AK

    17 94.44%
  • HI

    0 0%
  • FL

    1 5.56%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45
  1. #1
    ALLSKIING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    East Setauket,NY
    Posts
    6,101

    Which State has the longest coastline?

    Got this off another site. Thought it would be fun.

    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 20

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lynn and Lowell MA
    Posts
    4,379
    who voted FL someone failed geography

  3. #3
    Another fun topic that I saw on Snowjournal was:

    What is the highest lift served ski area east of the rockies?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lynn and Lowell MA
    Posts
    4,379
    Quote Originally Posted by loafer89
    Another fun topic that I saw on Snowjournal was:

    What is the highest lift served ski area east of the rockies?
    some stupid ski area in the stupid midwest.... i saw that 2 but the sugarloaf vs. killington arguement is always good... sugarloaf all the way it got those extra 2 ft!!!

  5. #5
    http://www.teachervision.fen.com/page/725.html

    Looks like it's Alaska with 1060 miles of coast.

  6. #6
    Oh well, some schools don't focus on geography at all. I'm sure if we were to put a blank map up and have people label it (without looking at a map) many would not be able to do it.
    Born to ski, forced to work.
    I\'ve used all of my sick days so I\'m calling in dead.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lynn and Lowell MA
    Posts
    4,379
    Quote Originally Posted by teachski
    Oh well, some schools don't focus on geography at all. I'm sure if we were to put a blank map up and have people label it (without looking at a map) many would not be able to do it.
    i loved to geography when i was little and still do... when i was little i used to study atlas for fun... now i sit in history class and stare at the map thinking about ski areas and other junk like that...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by awf170
    Quote Originally Posted by teachski
    Oh well, some schools don't focus on geography at all. I'm sure if we were to put a blank map up and have people label it (without looking at a map) many would not be able to do it.
    i loved to geography when i was little and still do... when i was little i used to study atlas for fun... now i sit in history class and stare at the map thinking about ski areas and other junk like that...
    ...planning an escape route? hehe just kidding.
    Born to ski, forced to work.
    I\'ve used all of my sick days so I\'m calling in dead.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by teachski
    Oh well, some schools don't focus on geography at all. I'm sure if we were to put a blank map up and have people label it (without looking at a map) many would not be able to do it.
    kinda like these kids
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

  10. #10
    ALLSKIING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    East Setauket,NY
    Posts
    6,101
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanoNYC
    http://www.teachervision.fen.com/page/725.html

    Looks like it's Alaska with 1060 miles of coast.
    I new what it was.. Wanted to see what other people thought.
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 20

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 AM.