• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How long did you have to wait to vote today???

Warp Daddy

Oh boy on the news the scanner machines are all jamming in FL, people are freaking out, its gonna happen again lol

'EFFIN Florida can't get a damn thing right ! What an 'effin DISGRACE that they could screw up again after the last debacle where the election was messed up-----------------------

How bout we FORGET FLORIDA in the future and classify it as a MENTAL IMPAIRED STATE with NO Electoral votes

Dr Skimeister

Small town guy here too. Took me as long to vote as it took the clerk to find me in the book, exchange a few pleasantries, respond to the obligatory, "Do you treat______?" (Today it was "nasty iguanas"), and to step up to the electronic ballot box and mark my ballot.

Total of 8-10 minutes from out of car to back in.

wa-loaf

Done in 5 minutes. Also voted to reduce the penalty for pot possession to be reduced to a civil crime. ie. no arrest and only a small fine.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
3 minutes? And that was only because first I was talking to one of my former coworkers who was working at the polls, and then this old fart wouldn't stop yapping with the ladies at the table for my street so I could check in and get my ballot. Faster than the old system -- though I kind of liked the old polling machines. Now it's like school and scan-tron tests, LOL. I live in a city of about 35,000 people.

Skier75

I don't think this violates the "no politics rule" if we just keep it to how long we waited ;)

Me, less than 4 minutes from closing my car door to getting back into my car :)

Definate advantage to living in a small town ;)

Yep, here too. Walked right in, voted, put the slip into the reader, walked out. Done Thank god it is cause I was about ready to kill the next telephone solicitor that called during supper! ;)

drjeff

'EFFIN Florida can't get a damn thing right ! What an 'effin DISGRACE that they could screw up again after the last debacle where the election was messed up-----------------------

How bout we FORGET FLORIDA in the future and classify it as a MENTAL IMPAIRED STATE with NO Electoral votes

That's what happens when you have so many old folks adjusting their dentures and getting fixodent on their hands before voting! :rolleyes: ;)

walked right in and voted at 6pm...and I was ready for a long wait, had a full mug of free java from starbucks, granola bar in my pocket, i-pod with the powder day mix on shuffle...didn't even hit play.

WJenness

I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. Waiting in line wasn't an issue at all. I spent more time waiting for one of the poll worker ladies to find me a new marker as the one in my booth was dead.

-w

wa-loaf

Nice..I wish pot was legal..then I could just buy it at the grocery store..

Well in Mass now if you get busted it'll just be $100 fine or something. No criminal record. Growing the stuff will prob still get you in a lot of trouble. A step in the right direction though.

Well in Mass now if you get busted it'll just be $100 fine or something. No criminal record. Growing the stuff will prob still get you in a lot of trouble. A step in the right direction though.

That's awesome..a step in the right direction..here in PA under 30 grams will get you a $500 fine..a misdemeaner and up to 30 days in jail..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
That's cheaper than the last speeding ticket Brian got. :eek: By a lot!

I don't want to get into a huge debate on that... and I have never partaken myself. But it's fighting a losing battle in the end. Not going to eradicate it. May as well regulate and tax it. Great opportunity for government revenue and would save a lot of wasted resources trying to fight it, too.