• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How long did you have to wait to vote today???

drjeff

I don't think this violates the "no politics rule" if we just keep it to how long we waited ;)

Me, less than 4 minutes from closing my car door to getting back into my car :)

Definate advantage to living in a small town ;)

WJenness

The Town Hall is right across the street from my house.

When I left this morning to head to work, the parking lots were already overflowing, and the polls weren't open yet. Polls open at 7, I drove by at quarter of.

I'm going to skip out of work at 3, head home and vote. I figure I might be able to catch it in a lull then.

-w

deadheadskier

Staff member
about ten minutes, though folks whose name began with the letter S or latter were waiting about a half hour

Glenn

10 minutes.

I saw Groton CT on the news and the line was insane. Luckily, that wasn't the case in Wallyworld CT. I got there about 6:40 and was back in the Jeep and rollin' to work at 6:50. Woohoo!

drjeff

about ten minutes, though folks whose name began with the letter S or latter were waiting about a half hour

My town did the line division by the 1st letter of the street you live on. My line had nobody in it :) The other 2 lines had maybe 25 people each - for reference sake, every other election I've voted in in my town (and I always vote at basically the same time of day on my way to work) has maybe a total of 10 folks maximum voting when I've been there. Also, over 80 people in "my part of the alphabet" had voted prior to me, and I was there less than an hour after polls opened.

Gonna be a HUGE turnout.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Drove to the Town Office at 7am. Four people were there, no town clerk. Apparently the polls were to open at 8am. Lots of interest though...for a small town....will be back this evening.

Last edited:

danny p

i waited 5-10 minutes for the polls to open, then was the 2nd in line to vote. glad its over.

I haven't voted yet...but I drove by my poling place on the way to work and the line was about 150 people long outside..so more people inside. I'm going to go later this morning and stand in line on company time. It will be my first time voting..it's the first election where I cared for one of the candidates..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I'll be one of the last ones there... coming down with a head cold and I don't feel like wrestling 2 kids while filling out a paper ballot. I'll wait for Brian to come home and go by myself tonight.

tree_skier

Polls didn't open until 8:00 so I will stop on the way home about 3:00. I don't expect any wait as Dover is a small town. BTW any windham county residents want to be written in for state senator. I can't vote for 2 of the three on the ballot due their support of act 60/68.

wa-loaf

Going after work. Usually just as long as it take the old lady to find my name in the book.

Greg

Staff member
A 5 minute wait in line. Quicker than most years. In and out in less than 10 mins.

playoutside

About 45 mins. Waited until an hour after polls opened. People who were there at the start waited about an hour. Not bad I think for a city.

As an aside...sister lives in a major city in NC. She was able to early vote. She tried 4 times and each time the line was 2 hrs, finally she waited in it and voted this past Friday. What I want to know is what the heck would have happened without early voting?

Glenn

:lol:
Polls didn't open until 8:00 so I will stop on the way home about 3:00. I don't expect any wait as Dover is a small town. BTW any windham county residents want to be written in for state senator. I can't vote for 2 of the three on the ballot due their support of act 60/68.

Write in drjeff..he has a place up there. Or if he's not interested, how about Luke? The dude who does all the snow reports on for Mt. Snow. :lol: