• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Vacation Plan

BeanoNYC

So my wife tells me today that she wants to go somewhere warm over the 06' February break ..... wtf????????? How do I weasle my way out of that one?

JimG.

Staff member
BeanoNYC said:
So my wife tells me today that she wants to go somewhere warm over the 06' February break ..... wtf????????? How do I weasle my way out of that one?

Bring her to Southern California, leave her someplace nice in LA, give her your credit card, and go ski Tahoe, Kirkwood, etc.

dmc

BeanoNYC said:
Your a very wise man. Great idea!

Bite the bullet take her to somewhere warm... Go somewhere with lots of free booze to dull the pain - just in case it dumps snow while your gone...

Then plan a trip to South Amercia that summer...

hammer

BeanoNYC said:
I get to go somewhere warm every year in April...next year it will most likely be Sanibel/Captiva FL.

I don't know about where you are, but in the Boston area, getting out on a flight in mid-February without weather delays can be risky. In addition, unless you go to southern FL or the Caribbean, I would not count on warm (i.e. summer-like) weather. I've been in Orlando in February and it was in the 50s (yuck).

If you can postpone to April, I've been to FL at that time more times than I can count now, and the weather's consistently warm at that time of year. Plus, you'll have February free for skiing... :)

dmc

hammer said:
I don't know about where you are

I'm thinkin BeanoNYC is from like Arkansas or somewhere... :wink:

ctenidae

Sadly, dmc, I had to read that ac ouple of times to get it. I need a vacation.

Plus, I think dmc's got the right idea- Bargain with it- she gets to go someplace warm in the winter, you get to go someplace cold in the summer. Everyone's happy!

loafer89

My wife's idea was for you to go to a hotel/resort somewhere in ski country that had a spa. I do not know if your wife likes that sort of thing, but at least she could relax/be pampered while you ski.

It's somewhat of a compromise

Just my .02

hammer

Bob R said:
Tell her to enjoy the trip. :beer: I would not go. Been maried a long time. Can get away with it. 17 year on Sat. :D
Oh really? :blink: That's what you think... :wink:

Happy anniversary. :D

dmc

Or you can take her to Kicking Horse - cause it's SO awesome! She'll forget all about the Caribean...

KickingHorse_04-01-03_Dou_Alexa_view_1.jpg

DMC and Ms. DMC at Kicking Horse...

awf170

dmc said:
Or you can take her to Kicking Horse - cause it's SO awesome! She'll forget all about the Caribean...

KickingHorse_04-01-03_Dou_Alexa_view_1.jpg

DMC and Ms. DMC at Kicking Horse...

how far is kicking horse from banff, this feb im either going to snowbird/alta, whistler, lake tahoe, or banff... which ever one comes up first for a time share

dmc

And hour and a half.. Maybe a little less..