• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

White Memorial Night Ride - 11/04/08

bvibert

Staff member
Not wanting to let a little lack of light deter my RAW rides I geared up this morning to head out anyway. I decided to hit White Memorial on the way home, since I was alone anyway. The purpose of this ride was to simply log some miles. I'm not at the point where I want to try anything remotely technical in the dark, by myself. I was successful in my mission; logging around 12.7 miles in just under 2 hours.

I'm really enjoying having the headlight so that I have the option to ride even with it getting dark so early. :D

Here's the track, not really a whole lot that hasn't been covered by previous tracks.
http://crankfire.com/trails/data.php?dataid=514

Greg

Staff member
Nice job with the night pedaling.

bvibert

Staff member
Nice Brian!!! Did you encounter any wild creatures??

steve

No, but I'm not sure I would have seen them if there were. I did hear the occasional rustling in the woods when I stopped though. I was surprised to come across two other riders though.

o3jeff

Post your next night ride and route in the Trip and Event forum so I can jump out of the bushes as you go by:-D

2knees

12.7 miles at night by yourself!!!!

that's dedication.

bvibert

Staff member
12.7 miles at night by yourself!!!!

that's dedication.

I was surprised when it ended up being that many miles. I was almost going to make it longer too... :eek:

For those that don't know; it's all easy miles over there for the most part. There's some good climbs, but it's all fire roads.