• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Reason for sleep deprivation

Choose more than one reason you are sleep deprived

• Total voters

drjeff

My wife has the same type of thing happen to her every now and then. Her brain just basically goes into hyperactive mode and can't shut down, even though the rest of her is showing every sign of physical exhaustion that you can think of. Really pisses her off that I essentially have an "off switch" that I can flip and just shut my brain down and go from full on out major mental or physical activity to out cold asleep in a few minutes!

bigbog

It's really not that I "Have" to get up early...right now I live far from a big city...I love early mornings..whether it's (a)walking/running out in the City Forest, (b)up in the woods riding, walking/hiking, or paddling.....or (c)writing/testing code @my desk. I often drop off like a switched off lightbulb in early evening...then awaken later, fully refreshed... Has to have something to do with jobs, either on 2nd shift or overnight shift...in the past.

Last edited:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Marc : That's a major PIA . Is there a sleep lab program at your local hospital ? These medical pros can often diagnose and treat all kinds of sleep related issues . The program is usually an overnite observation with related monitoring and can often result in a positive intervention with the patient able to get relief WITHOUT pharmalogical intervention

I don't know, but I think I'm going to have to look into it. No sleep again last night.

drjeff

I don't know, but I think I'm going to have to look into it. No sleep again last night.

I know they have a sleep lab at the hospital across the street from my office. My business partner had a sleep study done there a couple of years ago. Learned some interesting things, and did help his sleep significantly!

bvibert

Staff member

I know some people that will watch you sleep for free. I don't think it will help your problem though...

Trekchick

That sucks.
I hope you can get some relief. :(

I've been sleeping really well for the past few months. I think it may have to do with the major decision I made in my life that was one of the hardest things to act on but has brought me a tremendous amount of peace.
Look for some big changes posted by me in the near future.....and get your popcorn ready, its going to be interesting :)

wa-loaf

Look for some big changes posted by me in the near future.....and get your popcorn ready, its going to be interesting :)

Are you moving to Tahoe with Phil? C'mon you can't drop something like that in a random sleep thread.

Trekchick

HAHA, you funny wa-loaf.
Have you ever seen the words Peace and Phil in the same sentence?

But you are close, in that my future holds some ski bumming out west, and I'm very excited about it.

Warp Daddy

HAHA, you funny wa-loaf.
Have you ever seen the words Peace and Phil in the same sentence?

But you are close, in that my future holds some ski bumming out west, and I'm very excited about it.

Hey whatever it is we both wish you the BEST . I'll never forget your kindness last summer when i had the heart attack . Your sense of compassion and humor and the fruit and golf ball you sent me really picked my spirits up.

So me and The Queen both think you deserve happiness and all the good things in life -- Rock On TC , Rock On !

Trekchick

woke up at 2:30 from a bad dream, can't shake the feeling it left me with, and now I need to wake up in 1/2 hr.

I guess I can chalk this up to a lost nights sleep.