• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Slow website???

awf170

This website seems to be a lot slower lately... or is it just me, still pretty fast but not lightning fast like before

Greg

Staff member
Seems fine on my end. I am now pulling third party ads though so that may cause the delay you're seeing.

loafer89

I have also noticed that it was slower lately, especially yesterday. I have DSL here at work and Cable at home, and both were a bit slower than normal.

With the ski trivia posting yesterday, the post froze up midway through, thus I had a double post.

Greg

Staff member
loafer89 said:
I have also noticed that it was slower lately, especially yesterday. I have DSL here at work and Cable at home, and both were a bit slower than normal.

With the ski trivia posting yesterday, the post froze up midway through, thus I had a double post.
Does it seem better today?

awf170

Greg said:
loafer89 said:

Does it seem better today?
ya i just noticed that with my last post :D

Greg

Staff member
Bob R said:
I saw it slow yesterday also. My whole network was slow though. Anyway its play here. I don't care about speed. A little faster today.
Yeah - there were problems at the host's end yesterday I believe. It seems better today.

Greg

Staff member
I have a ticket in with my host. On a good note, it's not specific to AZ. Other sites I have hosted with them (different servers) are just as slow, as is the host's home page:

http://www.jaguarpc.com/

This points to a routing issue...

Greg

Staff member
Our Web host was under a severe DOS attack last night. They were quick to respond and had the site operational again in the early morning hours.