• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

No heat yet

campgottagopee

Well, I really enjoy two cycle engines and tractors. And burnin stuff. So the match was a nautral one really.

I'm with ya on the tractors and 2 stroke---as for burnin stuff, i gots me a burn barrell which is really kick ass

Any Holdouts??? I turned my heat on today afterwork..then shut it off..now it's on again..I lose about a degree every hour with these temperatures..I'm shutting the heat off in a little bit and seeing how cold it will be by tomorrow after work..

loafer89

It never got out of the 20's today so the heat was on inside my house. We kept a fire going in the fireplace for most of the day as well. I can keep the living room at about 70F with a good fire going and maintain about 63F elsewhere on the first floor.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I have two zones. Haven't turned on the upstairs (bedrooms) one yet. And like a lot of you, my lower levels are on timer: 67 at 6 a.m. and then 66 from 10-4 when it goes back to 67 through 9:30 when it goes to 63 for the night. One of my girls is still home during most of the days otherwise, it would be lower during the day.

Starting to get a little chilly upstairs in the a.m. especially the last few mornings...but still 60 and above. I'll tweak the upstairs timer soon to turn it on just a little bit. We're all sleeping better with it down a degree or 2 so far this fall.

It never got out of the 20's today so the heat was on inside my house. We kept a fire going in the fireplace for most of the day as well. I can keep the living room at about 70F with a good fire going and maintain about 63F elsewhere on the first floor.

Nice..today was colder than 60 percent of midwinter days here in MASH..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Ours drops to 60 at 9PM, kicks back on at 6AM to 67, drops to 64 at 10AM, kicks back on to 67 at 3PM. On rare occasion, I'll override it if it's needed.
The winter we used the kickback feature on the thermostat was the most expensive winter for us paying for heat. Ever since,we keep it at a consistent 68 degrees (2 little kids, remember) and it's been cheaper; even with rising fuel costs. Less energy consumed to maintain than to periodically raise the temp 5-8 degrees, KWIM?

Then again, we also live in a drafty 100 year old multi-family house. Insulation was blown in after the fact, but we have old windows and even the ones with storm windows don't do a whole lot. Used to have the plastic over the windows but the kids like ripping that stuff down. :roll:

Terry

0 here this morning! Got the wood furnace cranking. They should be making tons of snow this week! :snow:

o3jeff

I've been using the pellet stove and am still getting used to setting the feed rate/ fan speed, I came home from work the other day to a toasty 75 degree house(house is on 1050 sqft)

I warmed my place up to 72 degrees last night...then shut my heat off and it was 68 degrees when I woke up this morning..there's no point in me having the heat on from 7AM-3PM when I'm at work..then afterwork..I'm sure my place will be in the low 60s..and I might turn it on for 20 minutes or so to bring it back into the high 60s. I've found that 67-69 degrees is best..below 67 is sort of chilly and above 69 degrees and I get mall balls..My last electric bill before I turned the heat on was under $30..I wonder what mine will jump to with running the heat an hour or two a day....The insulation in my new apartment is great..no drafts or anything. The old building I lived in had free heat which I had no control of so I often had the windows open on midwinter days for some relief...otherwise my place felt like a sauna. I anticipate spending more on my electric bills in the summertime since I like having the AC cranked all the time..