• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A Special Invitation to ALL AlpineZone.com Members!

DBNewman

Website
www.skimarket.com
As our way of saying 'Thank you' to the entire AlpineZone.com family -
You’re Invited…To Save!

Saturday & Sunday, November 15 & 16
At ALL Ski Market locations - CT, MA, NY, RI, ME
http://www.skimarket.com

Ski Market - Friends & Family Event
Shop our stores with a special 20% discount on your ski, snowboard, bike, car rack & winter apparel purchases.
Plus…SAVE 50-70% on Clearance Merchandise*

PRINT this posting, fill it out and present it to the salesperson along with your purchases.

Name ____________________________________

Address __________________________________

City _____________________________________ State _____ Zip Code __________

Email _________________________________________________________________

Referred By - David B. Newman
Store # 13

Code: 99080701 F&F

* Discount does not apply to Sale or Clearance merchandise.

Start making your list!

With our sincerest appreciation,
The Entire Ski Market Family

P.S. Please feel free to copy this and pass it on to YOUR friends and family!

thetrailboss

Staff member
20% off. Can't knock that. Nice deal.

Has Ski Market improved? I have heard nightmare stories in here...

ctenidae

Has Ski Market improved? I have heard nightmare stories in here...

If you know what you're going in for, they're fine. If you need assistance, no better/worse than anyone else, I guess. Salespeople don't tend to be too pushy, deals and selection usually okay.

wa-loaf

If you know what you're going in for, they're fine. If you need assistance, no better/worse than anyone else, I guess. Salespeople don't tend to be too pushy, deals and selection usually okay.

Depends on the store too. The Boston one is/was pretty good. I hear good things about the on in CT. You need to be very price aware there though. I remember one "sale" where they just put sale tags on the skis and upped the list price so it looked like everything was on sale while nothing really changed.

snowmonster

There are some guys at the Boston store who are pretty knowledgeable about the products. Once they can see that you know what you're looking for and know your way around gear, one of the more experienced guy shows up on the floor to answer questions/talk gear, etc.

RISkier

I'd largely agree with that. The sales folks at the Warwick Ski Market have certainly never impressed me with their knowledge. I won't take my skis there for tunes anymore. I'm contemplating new boots but would never even consider purchasing at that store. I've never even seen them shell fit anyone. If you know what you want and they have it at a good price, great. Otherwise ...

bigbog

...Mike in Boston!

I think..was same Mike...was terrific...wa-loaf..you were there as well?!!...didn't he go up to a store around Manchester or Concord? , circa late 90s..

wa-loaf

I was only there for the 95/96 season. He was still there in 97 when I stopped by. Don't know what happened after that. Sandy at Mountainside (Wachusett) worked with him for a long time. She's a great person to go to if you have a wife or girlfriend who's starting to ski.

gmcunni

As our way of saying 'Thank you' to the entire AlpineZone.com family -
You’re Invited…To Save!

thank you sir. I'll be there in the AM. Was already planning to drop off my skis for a tune and now will do a little shopping while i'm there.

MRGisevil

Dave- you really are a fantastic guy. Always have been. Thanks for your genoristy. Hope all is well. -Randi

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I can't attest for the other stores or employees, but I can say that Dave Newman knows what he's doing if you're looking for boots. Worth seeking him out specifically!

gmcunni

shook hands with Dave today and thanked him for the coupon. picked up a couple of transpack backpacks for the kids as christmas presents. brought a buddy with me who picked up two packs as well and a new smith helmet. everyone who helped us was extremely nice. they even agreed to get my skis tuned a few days quicker than usual to make sure they were ready for the 11/21 Killington trip!

campgottagopee

I think..was same Mike...was terrific...wa-loaf..you were there as well?!!...didn't he go up to a store around Manchester or Concord? , circa late 90s..

Yup, that's him---Wa-Loaf did work with him......he and I skied together all thru college----It's been many years since I've been in contact with him but I seem to think he was heading out west to be a ski tester for a magazine or something like that.

But you are correct in that he's a good guy----we had mucho funno on our spring skiing trips!!!!!!