• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Camping Gaz Fuel

zowi420

I live in the Littleton, New Hampshire area and would LOVE to know where I can buy fuel for my camping gaz tristar backpacking stove locally. I cannot seem to find anyone who carries it. It is the CV 270 or CV 470 butane/propane mix in a blue canister. Thank you!

MtnMagic

Zowie: In Littleton, doesn't Patagonia (Lahout's hiking) store on Main St have it? There's also MacKenzie's or the Summit Shop in Lincoln; Moriah Sports, 101 Main St., Gorham or even EMS in Conway. I'm sure one of these has it and is patiently waiting for you.

zowi420

The North Face Shop in Littleton said that they could order it for me, for twelve dollars plus FORTY DOLLARS SHIPPING. That is crazy because it should be like, six bucks. I'll try the other places you mentioned. Thank you!

MtnMagic

Wow!! A mere $40 for shipping?! No wonder I've never purchased anything at that store. The other places will actually help you. Not become very rich on this one sale. Geesh!!

Try Moriah Sports, 101 Main St., Gorham. Twice this week I saw hiking boots at 50% off. $ave some $$ and check them out!
MtnMagic.jpg

ga2ski

zowi420 said:
The North Face Shop in Littleton said that they could order it for me, for twelve dollars plus FORTY DOLLARS SHIPPING. That is crazy because it should be like, six bucks. I'll try the other places you mentioned. Thank you!

Not surprised on the shipping. You are looking for a fuel, which can not be shipped by air, which is the way a lot of rush shipments are sent. Also it is most like a placarded shipment, plus fuel prices are driving up the cost of ground shipments.

thetrailboss

Staff member
zowi420 said:

Sounds like good ol' Lahout is trying to rip you off...

zowi420

I had good luck at MacKenzies in Lincoln. They actually knew what I was talking about, they have nine in stock, at $5.99 each. I go to Lincoln every day for my work. Perfect!
Thank you all for your help!!!

MtnMagic

$5.99 beats the heck out of the ridiculous $40 postage + twice the price.

So very glad that you found it!

ctenidae

That's why I bought a WhisperLite, lo these many moons ago. Thing'll burn just about anything.

While we're on the subject of stoves, saw the coolest home-made stove ever when I was in NC. Guy took the bottom half of two beer cans and stuck them together, kind of like a gelatin pill capsule. He cut the inside of the dimple out of one and poked holes around the ridge. Using denatured alcohol inside, it would boil a quart of water in about 8 minutes. Not too shabby, considering.