The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 318 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum1321
    Actually, after the Big Pass there was the Huge Pass which included Jay, MRG and the Bush. It was a college deal yet again.
    WOW ! Now that's a great deal. You know, part of our 5 year plan is to move to VT, probably the MRV because I love MRG and SB. Now if they were to come up with a plan like that again and throw Stowe into the mix, I'd quit my job today and move now.

Quote Originally Posted by djspookman
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Quote Originally Posted by djspookman
    Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Slide Brook Basin access

Hey Spook...hope you don't take that way home in March cause the bears are waking up and they are powerful hungry that time of year...
    yup, spring is the best time to take that home, all sunny and sweet snow I don't worry about bears too much, as I live on the flats, so we're used to all kinds of wildlife in our backyard already! fresh moose tracks out there last week, and I usually see a deer or two a week!

dave
    Wow, goes all the way down to the flats... now the question is, why did they ever cut that thing?

I love woods skiing so I just use that part to get into the woods, then make my own line from there, so i'm not exactly sure where on the flats it ends up, but i'm assuming that it does somewhere since there are numerous access trails for lift evacs/lift access.
    Ah I see, thanks for the info dave, always interested to find out new quirks about the 'bush...

Quote Originally Posted by JimG.
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum1321
    Actually, after the Big Pass there was the Huge Pass which included Jay, MRG and the Bush. It was a college deal yet again.
    WOW ! Now that's a great deal. You know, part of our 5 year plan is to move to VT, probably the MRV because I love MRG and SB. Now if they were to come up with a plan like that again and throw Stowe into the mix, I'd quit my job today and move now.
    Might want to start looking at land now Jim, real estate is pretty sparse, and what's out there is very very expensive...

Items for Sale
    OK, great conversation here...hate to do it...but will lock this thread at 12 noon. I can start a new 'Sugarbush thread' for you all if you'd like to keep a conversation going...
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Might want to start looking at land now Jim, real estate is pretty sparse, and what's out there is very very expensive...
    So I have found out...fortunately (??) I live near NYC and real estate here is about as expensive as it gets, so it wasn't much of a shock to me when I saw some prices.

The house we bought less than 2 years ago has already appreciated 30% in value. Sick!!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss
    OK, great conversation here...hate to do it...but will lock this thread at 12 noon. I can start a new 'Sugarbush thread' for you all if you'd like to keep a conversation going...
    Or split out the posts into a new thread. Click this TTB:

I ski double black diamonds.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG.
    So I have found out...fortunately (??) I live near NYC and real estate here is about as expensive as it gets, so it wasn't much of a shock to me when I saw some prices.

The house we bought less than 2 years ago has already appreciated 30% in value. Sick!!
    There are signs here in Eastern MA that things are beginning to slow...sales of single family homes FELL 11 percent in May, but prices still rose

People are getting way to wound up in this 'craze.'
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss
    There are signs here in Eastern MA that things are beginning to slow...sales of single family homes FELL 11 percent in May, but prices still rose

People are getting way to wound up in this 'craze.'
    Yeah, several markets are pretty ripe for the bubble to burst soon. Glad I'm not in it as a specualtive investment; my house is my home and if it doesn't make sense to sell it and move I'll stay.

Items for Sale
    New thread started...same great conversation...thanks!
    Live, Ski, or Die!

yah, real esate in the Valley sucks right now. The only affordable stuff are one bedroom condos, unless you are moving from out of state, because cost of living in VT isn't proportionate(sp?) to income. So, because of this I am forced to rent.. yippee... ugh..

dave

Thread Information