• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

tumbler

Had a sneaky great day following the sun. Skied like today was the last day and it was good. Had a blast!

To bad but closing is the right thing to do.

CastlerockMRV

Does the closure affect the the uphill policy too? Don’t wanna be a rule breaker but...I don’t want to be done yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
I didn’t see that before my previous post. I though closing Monday or Tuesday was good.

So, Bush not open tomorrow?

It would appear no...

[FONT=&quot]Alterra Mountain Company will suspend operations at our 15 North American ski resorts, starting the morning of Sunday, March 15, until further notice. All lift operations, food and beverage, retail and rental services will be closed until further notice.

[/FONT]

Los

I didn’t see that before my previous post. I though closing Monday or Tuesday was good.

So, Bush not open tomorrow?

Correct. Per the announcement. Although nothing yet on the sugarbush website. So, but for reading this forum, I’d have no idea sugarbush will apparently be closed tomorrow...

TSQURD

Im guessing Win is scrambling the team now. Assuming we will see something from Win or SB shortly.

cdskier

Definitely didn’t expect a closure in the middle of the weekend once everyone was already here...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

slatham

Why do I have a sense that Win is on the phone with Alterra right now.....

It's just time to go back to the old days. Park car, put boots on in parking lot, head to lift, ski, brown bag in car. The only "communal" activity is going to the bathroom.

djd66

Wow, what a bummer. Would have been nice if Sunday was the last day of lift service.

I completely understand the policy and decision. I really hope this thing is not as bad as they are say it could be. Everyone on the zone, please stay healthy!

ktrerotola

Does the closure affect the the uphill policy too? Don’t wanna be a rule breaker but...I don’t want to be done yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d say uphill is a VERY safe social distance. See ya on the skin track! (My response is only my opinion!)

teleo

This is nuts. Just stepped outside my condo and there are mutiple cats on the hill. So this was quick. Skinning time. And we'll have some groomed runs.

teleo

Three Words. Mad River Glen.
Thought of that. And they have the social distancing advantage with the single. But it will be packed with sb closed. Skin sunday, mrg mon if still open.

ktrerotola

This is nuts. Just stepped outside my condo and there are mutiple cats on the hill. So this was quick. Skinning time. And we'll have some groomed runs.

Skinning season starts early. Glad to hear there’ll be one last day of cord.

teleo

Would sort of be cool if all resorts closed in north america except MRG running only the single with basebox closed.