The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 400

AlpineZone

Page 400 of 479 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 4781
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    ^ That still looks pretty good.
    Plus there is still a very good chance for on and off mountain snow through the weekend in the MRV...

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Depends on your perspective. The upside potential to localized terrain enhanced snow can be very fun to attempt to forecast as long as you aren't held accountable for the accuracy. Nailing down an accurate forecast is sure difficult though.
    Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 8.13.45 PM.jpg

Rumble pretty good, rocks of course, but lots of snow. Quick vid of my kid picking his way down...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgEhh7xB8T2/
    Last edited by ducky; Mar 8, 2018 at 1:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    Rumble pretty good, rocks of course, but lots of snow. Quick vid of my kid picking his way down...

Ducky your kid looks to be learning from the school of Egan with those turns. Also if you are who I think you are, I met you at the Bundy when we bought a Marilyn Ruseckas at one of the art shows. That is a cool place up there.

It was really good. Did early turns at ME. Like the forecast for the next ten days.

Makes it look easy.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

The top portions of CR are really nice this morning but sketchier lower down. The first out there this morning are going to find some really nice powder like I did on CR Run and Lower Lift Line. We are going to keep is for hiking only until we get a bit more snow after it gets skied in.

Quote Originally Posted by WinS View Post
    The top portions of CR are really nice this morning but sketchier lower down. The first out there this morning are going to find some really nice powder like I did on CR Run and Lower Lift Line. We are going to keep is for hiking only until we get a bit more snow after it gets skied in.
    Will lift be running tomorrow for CR Extreme?

Quote Originally Posted by smac75 View Post
    Will lift be running tomorrow for CR Extreme?
    No. Unfortunately the course won't hold up with the cover there. We are moving the Extreme to start at lower half of Murphy's and into Lower Birdland. It will still be hiking only tomorrow over to CR. It is really nice for a limited number and would be really lousy for a lot on CR until it gets skied in and we get some more snow.

We did assess Slidebrook, however, today and there is enough snow pack for both our lift mechanics to get in safely and quickly so it will be scheduled to run tomorrow at 10am.

I hope all who came this weekend a great time. I certainly did. We received more snow last night than the forecast so the snowpack is now good enough to allow more volume on Castlerock so we are scheduling the lift to run tomorrow and through the week as well as Slidebrook. The reports I heard were that SB was skiing as well as any day this winter even with some sketchy areas still, but I did not get in myself. Let's hope the forecast holds. March is looking really nice.

Thread Information