• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

ducky

Last edited:

slatham

Per web site, opening day is now Monday Nov 30th........

I guess they do want VH and GH, plus whatever they may be able to open up high.

Or maybe they just want to avoid Thanksgiving weekend and see how things go, and start on a quiet Monday?

Powder Whore

Has anyone seen the latest Sugarblog? There is a section labeled "attestation". It sounds to me like everyone will have to certify their quarantine compliance with the state of Vt "under the pains & penalties of perjury" before visiting the resort . Heavy Stuff.

Smellytele

cdskier

I just got an email stating that any unused quad pack tickets can be used until 12/24 or starting 3/15 to the end of the season. Thank you that is a fair resolve.

See...I said they still had time to change their mind and that the decision wasn't necessarily final. So much for all the complaints about their "horrible" customer service.

Castlerockrisk

I drove down to Kmart this morning. They did an amazing snow making job. I skied onto the chair for 19 of my 20 runs in 4 hours and 20k vert. The minor crowd dissipated by 11. Pretty much low level intermediate but it was great to feel normal again. I hope that today was the beginning of a great season for all of us- in state or out.

Most wore masks even when skiing. They have a parking reservation system that is pretty easy to use. The snow was pretty soft, never got sloppy despite the warm temps and wind. A couple ways down via three lifts on two seperate areas. Each run had good to edge no rocks, water bars filled in - top to bottom. I heard that they covered everything from zerro to skiable in 72 hours - most impressive for this 34x sugarbush season pass holder. For what Killington is they have a great execution of a good product- no complaints and the lift never stopped all day- go figure.

Hawk

I heard a couple of rumors this weekend in the valley. I will say this now, they are rumors but from a fairly good source. I heard that they are having issues with the snowmaking system down low. There is not a single stich of snow blown on Gate house or spring fling and they did have a few nights that they could have started. I guess we will see on that one. Tomorrow will be real cold so if they don't start then I will believe what I am hearing. The other one is that the Bravo did not pass state inspection. Again I can not confirm but we will see if if runs in a week. I guess it is all irrelevant as they really do not have any incentive to open right now.

Slidebrook87

I heard a couple of rumors this weekend in the valley. I will say this now, they are rumors but from a fairly good source. I heard that they are having issues with the snowmaking system down low. There is not a single stich of snow blown on Gate house or spring fling and they did have a few nights that they could have started. I guess we will see on that one. Tomorrow will be real cold so if they don't start then I will believe what I am hearing. The other one is that the Bravo did not pass state inspection. Again I can not confirm but we will see if if runs in a week. I guess it is all irrelevant as they really do not have any incentive to open right now.
I had a feeling about the snowmaking since they have had quite a few opportunities already, but the Super Bravo thing is interesting. Hopefully both can be fixed in the coming weeks (if these are true).

Castlerockrisk

I was hiking yesterday around 1 pm. They blew about two inches of snow on a patch at-the base of the valley house. They had snow makers opening and closing valves on the lower mountain. Opening rumored the Monday after TG. Looks like most activity is at or above Allens lodge. Raining at low 40’s currently. So far mountain operations is not presenting any real time info. Hope they realize that a spokesperson that provides transparency is great marketing and goodwill to loyal pass holders who fork over lots of money up front.

tumbler

It's one pumping system out of the base so either they have some pipe breaks or valves broken closed. They had the towers on at bottom of Fling yesterday which helps get rid of the pressure since it deadheads at the top of Snowball, they probably had a tower on at the top too. They only put water down Steins when they are making snow on it. I take that as a good sign that Snowball/Fling can get fired up. Gatehouse- everything is sent up Hot Shot.

Hawk

Guns have been set up on Hotshot since the first week in November. Same with Spring Fling. They may have just opted to not blow seeing all the warm and rain in the forecast. But they was a couple of windows that were in the lower twenties on the hill for a few days.

cdskier

Got an e-mail saying day lift tickets were now on sale and I was curious what they were charging...the cheapest tickets for a mid-week day are $100 (that's 41% off...which means full price is $169). The cheapest weekend days are typically around $139. Those prices alone should do a pretty good job limiting day ticket sales... Mt Ellen only tickets seem to start at $89 (10% off).