The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 318 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 3173
  1. #81
    djspookman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Jericho, VT / Westmoreland, NH
    Posts
    635
    That's not surprising about the alleged quality of the tree skiing up that way. IIRC, it's mostly hardwoods until you get to the top 200-300 verts or so, but that could be off. If that's the case, then I'd venture to say that the old liftline probably has the worst skiing up in that area. A buddy of mine skied the line in the epic year of 2000-2001 and said it was so grown in that he had to hike back up and out. Total and complete lockdown - Alcatraz style. Mind you, the snow was so deep at Sugarbush that year that I know people where skiing ON TOP of the younger pine trees to skier's left of the top of Sunrise. Those trees are 15 feet tall these days.

    In short, I doubt it's worth your time. Lines to the left and right of that cut, however, are a different story altogether.[/quote]

    yah, I know it isn't all that worth it, but it would be fun just to find it and navigate down thru. My goal was to bushwack from MRG across the ridge along the Long Trail, then pop onto the lift cut and ski down to the bush. Of corse this won't happen if the brush is too thick. oh well!


  2. #82
    djspookman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Jericho, VT / Westmoreland, NH
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss
    We just need another season like it
    ditto!

  3. #83

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lynn and Lowell MA
    Posts
    4,380
    Quote Originally Posted by djspookman
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss
    We just need another season like it
    ditto!
    1969 wouldnt be bad either(600+ inches of snow on mt washington)

  4. #84
    Lostone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sugarbush, Vermont
    Posts
    588
    A year like that would not be good!

    People might start to enjoy skiing.





    .
    .
    Look! Up in the sky!


    .

  5. #85
    Lostone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sugarbush, Vermont
    Posts
    588
    And as to the trails next to Inverness, it is because of the nature of those trails that I regret losing Brambles.

    Those are real New England trails and a lot of fun to ski. I like Walt's, too. Great place to hide on a crowded afternoon.

    And as mentioned above, very like North Lynx as someplace to play in the sun, almost all day.
    .
    .
    Look! Up in the sky!


    .

  6. #86
    Wow, man, this thread took off... looking forward to the responses coming in from the AZ challenge... yeah, I've read lots about the MRG connector cut before, just thought it'd be nice to throw it out there and try to get some more discussion on it, and it worked...

    Austin, just wondering, where did you pull the old north map from? I only know of two places, nelsap and my site, that have it on, just interested, especially if it's my site, haha...

  7. #87
    Lostone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sugarbush, Vermont
    Posts
    588
    I think it was from your site. If you check the address in properties.

    But he also said at the bottom that it was a nice site, so it's ok, right?

    And I agree that it is good. I've seen some of the maps elsewhere, but you have the dates, while they (I believe) just had the maps in some cases.)
    .
    .
    Look! Up in the sky!


    .

  8. #88
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    26,280
    Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Austin, just wondering, where did you pull the old north map from? I only know of two places, nelsap and my site, that have it on, just interested, especially if it's my site, haha...
    I think 'Daevious' has some good Sugarbush stuff as well...www.daevious.com I believe?
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  9. #89

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lynn and Lowell MA
    Posts
    4,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Wow, man, this thread took off... looking forward to the responses coming in from the AZ challenge... yeah, I've read lots about the MRG connector cut before, just thought it'd be nice to throw it out there and try to get some more discussion on it, and it worked...

    Austin, just wondering, where did you pull the old north map from? I only know of two places, nelsap and my site, that have it on, just interested, especially if it's my site, haha...
    ya it was your site

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by awf170
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Wow, man, this thread took off... looking forward to the responses coming in from the AZ challenge... yeah, I've read lots about the MRG connector cut before, just thought it'd be nice to throw it out there and try to get some more discussion on it, and it worked...

    Austin, just wondering, where did you pull the old north map from? I only know of two places, nelsap and my site, that have it on, just interested, especially if it's my site, haha...
    ya it was your site
    Yay... yeah, forgot about daev's site, was caught up in the potential glory....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The "Sugarbush Thread" vs. Guess the ski area
    By Greg in forum Northeast Skiing and Snowboarding Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Aug 12, 2005, 10:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:51 PM.