The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 316

AlpineZone

Page 316 of 575 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 5746

Pics of Village Chair Project

I was up last weekend and took a few photos

Attached Images Attached Images

They were working this weekend on Saturday. I saw Mississippi working on the new operators shack at the top. So at this point they have all the new towers installed with the hardware, top and bottom stations are complete, The shack is almost complete and it looks like they strung the Power or communications cable up the tower line. Now they just need the ramp at the top, cable and chairs and the controls. Also I noticed that all of the mechanical for the lift is at the top. The bottom is just a simple bull wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Also I noticed that all of the mechanical for the lift is at the top. The bottom is just a simple bull wheel.
    That is the way the old lift was also. Out west there are many lifts with the drive at the top instead of the bottom. I would think it would be more expensive to run the power up to the top but is there some physics that make a top drive more efficient?

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    That is the way the old lift was also. Out west there are many lifts with the drive at the top instead of the bottom. I would think it would be more expensive to run the power up to the top but is there some physics that make a top drive more efficient?
    Yes and yes apparently. Interesting info here in this presentation that goes into some details on the whys: http://peakstoprairies.org/media/Lift-Operations.pdf

i'm interested to see how they grade/scape the area from rice and gadd brook new construction into the new chair

Quote Originally Posted by spring_mountain_high View Post
    i'm interested to see how they grade/scape the area from rice and gadd brook new construction into the new chair
    The grading at the bottom is pretty much done. If you go back to page 312 of this thread there are some pretty good pics. Basically the slope at the exit of Out to lunch coming from behind Rice brook at the bridge has not changed at all. At the bottom of the lift they built a big retaining wall to level of the area so they can have a flat lift line area. This is at the lower bridge below Gadd Brook.

Page 312?This page shows as page 79 on my screen.
    SIKSKIER

It's how you set up your view. I do not have that many posts per page. So you will see the pics probably 1 or 2 pages back.

Mine must be setup like Hawk. This page is 316 and the pics Hawk is referring to are indeed on 312 for me.

Thread Information