The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 318

AlpineZone

Page 318 of 318 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318
Results 3,171 to 3,173 of 3173
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Here are some pictures of the progress of the upgrades at Mt Ellen from this past Friday.

New snowmaking pipe on Which Way:
    Attachment 22753

New Sunny D Quad progress:
    Attachment 22754
    Attachment 22755
    Attachment 22756
    From you pics it looks like they added towers to Which Way, so hopeully more snowmaking ofr it this season. Cruiser & Northstar get a bit old.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    From you pics it looks like they added towers to Which Way, so hopeully more snowmaking ofr it this season. Cruiser & Northstar get a bit old.
    I just looked back at my videos from this past season and they had towers on Which Way last year. I wasn't paying attention when I was hiking whether there are more now than last year though. It will see more snowmaking though simply because of the new pipe. I think the old pipe was shot which is why they put a new one in and why it had minimal snowmaking recently.

There have been breaks in the Which Way pipeline for the past two years while we were making snow on it, so what snow we did get down was minimal. Couple that with various thaw-freeze-thaw cycles over the past couple of years, WW was very slick and undesireable to most. I did ride it a few times this past season (and not once during 15/16), following some big dumps, and it was pretty good. It was dense enough snow to cover the slickness underneath.

Towers have been on WW for (at least) 3 years now.
    ** The views and opinions expressed above do not reflect those of Summit Ventures or Sugarbush Resort **

Thread Information