• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Hawk

It is the typical Rt 89s to Rt 93s to Rt 3s. It depends on exactly were you are going from there. If you are actually going to Westborough then you want to get off at Rt 495s but if it is closer to Framingham you may want to stay of Rt 3s and take Rt 95s to Rt 90 west(Mass Pike).

cdskier

Rt 89S to 93S to 495S

Thanks.

It is the typical Rt 89s to Rt 93s to Rt 3s. It depends on exactly were you are going from there. If you are actually going to Westborough then you want to get off at Rt 495s but if it is closer to Framingham you may want to stay of Rt 3s and take Rt 95s to Rt 90 west(Mass Pike).

Thanks. I knew I could count on some of you on this forum. Best way to get to I89? How's Bethel Mountain Road this time of year? I tend to see quite a few MA plates turn that way in Rochester as I'm driving home on 100.

We have offices in both Westborough and Framingham. Most likely I'll go to Westborough on Monday since I have more colleagues at our site there and Monday is more up to me where I want to go.

ThinkSnow

There is no reason to take Rt 95 & the Pike when heading to FHM or WBO, when they're about 5 miles apart and both accessible by Rt. 9 E/W.

cdskier

He has a point. if you are going to be there in the morning before say 10am you want to avoid 95s.

Thanks. I'll probably leave the MRV around 8 or 9am. I'm in no rush. Sounds like if I go to Westborough directly I'll avoid 95s anyway.

chuckstah

There is no reason to take Rt 95 & the Pike when heading to FHM or WBO, when they're about 5 miles apart and both accessible by Rt. 9 E/W.

I lived in Framingham for many years and it is much shorter, something like 15 miles, to take 95 to the Pike. You won't however save any time, and may lose time during rush hours as has been stated. I found the quickest way back was down 100 through Bethel to 89 during mud season.

ThinkSnow

Bethel Mtn road is probably your best bet. Lincoln Gap is west of Warren, so that wouldn't get you to Rt. 89. I would not suggest Roxbury Gap as it is likely way to muddy right now.

cdskier

Bethel Mtn road is probably your best bet. Lincoln Gap is west of Warren, so that wouldn't get you to Rt. 89. I would not suggest Roxbury Gap as it is likely way to muddy right now.

I just assumed Hawk meant Roxbury when he said Lincoln. :cool:

Looks like Bethel Mtn Rd it is.

Hawk

I meant Roxbury Gap and not Lincoln gap. And yes I sent him over bethel gap.

HowieT2

so I was primed to come up this weekend but the weather forecast is not so appealing. wtf? highs in the 40's will not be spring skiing.

re:roxbury gap. I had my nephew meet us up for xmas/new years and I gave him explicit driving directions which he of course ignored and followed the navigation which sent him via roxbury in the snow. needless to say his first trip to the mrv was something of an adventure.

STREETSKIER

fingers crossed for a sunny weekend

so I was primed to come up this weekend but the weather forecast is not so appealing. wtf? highs in the 40's will not be spring skiing.

re:roxbury gap. I had my nephew meet us up for xmas/new years and I gave him explicit driving directions which he of course ignored and followed the navigation which sent him via roxbury in the snow. needless to say his first trip to the mrv was something of an adventure.

skiing has been unreal so far this week even with the sleet rain snow. surfaces have been from sugar firm velvet to crispycorn when the sun comes out it will be epic just sayin!!!everyone who loves to ski should be here also coverage is wall to wall with some good woods

slatham

Let me see, it's gonna snow all week and then be sunny and in the 40's? Probably better then most of the non-March weekends this year! Wish I could get up for it.

cdskier

Let me see, it's gonna snow all week and then be sunny and in the 40's? Probably better then most of the non-March weekends this year! Wish I could get up for it.

Sounds pretty good to me...I'll be there and am looking forward to it.

bumpcrasher

Have to give the Bush a lot of credit as most mountains have pulled the plug and the surrounding competition is not looking as good.

Jay shutdown Tramside and the Bonnie. Only skiing off The Jet.
Killington looks like they shutdown everything other than the K1 and Superstar Quad.
Stowe closed on April 15?!? Not so EPIC!!!

We have A LOT of terrain open and reopening Castlerock is AWESOME!! Throw in reopening Twist, Moonshine, Mall...pretty sweet considering it is mainly passholders and people using up their Quad packs. Very much appreciated!!

HowieT2

looking better.

Current snow depth atop Mt Mansfield
is 90 inches, thinking by Friday we have a good chance to hit
100 inches again, which should provide excellent late season
skiing and riding conditions for people like myself looking to
earn their turns.

WinS

A couple of comments.

I have taken every possible way here and usually prefer the Roxbury Gap. But this time of year i take Exit 3 on 89 and the Behtel Gap since it is paved. It takes me 7-10 minutes longer than when Roxbury is in good shape.

If we knew there would be more people interested in skiing and riding we would be almost 100% open but most seem to be into other things. We will be running Bravo, Heaven’s Gate and Castlerock this weekend. CR will be 100% and we might groom a trail or two up there given the depth. We will have over 40 trails open and the woods are still skiing well. Looks like some snow Thursday and Friday and then some warmer temps and more sun, so I am hoping for some more springlike conditions. We are planning on the umbrella bar and a plaza band on Saturday. Sunday Looks sunny and warmer. I would love to stay open midweek. Can you find a few hundred friends? But, we will reopen next weekend and the next, so please let everyone know.

Oh! Our annual Stein’s challenge is on Saturday - the last winter mountain event. Time to think about our June Brew Grass Festival.

cdskier

A couple of comments.

I have taken every possible way here and usually prefer the Roxbury Gap. But this time of year i take Exit 3 on 89 and the Behtel Gap since it is paved. It takes me 7-10 minutes longer than when Roxbury is in good shape.

If we knew there would be more people interested in skiing and riding we would be almost 100% open but most seem to be into other things. We will be running Bravo, Heaven’s Gate and Castlerock this weekend. CR will be 100% and we might groom a trail or two up there given the depth. We will have over 40 trails open and the woods are still skiing well. Looks like some snow Thursday and Friday and then some warmer temps and more sun, so I am hoping for some more springlike conditions. We are planning on the umbrella bar and a plaza band on Saturday. Sunday Looks sunny and warmer. I would love to stay open midweek. Can you find a few hundred friends? But, we will reopen next weekend and the next, so please let everyone know.

Oh! Our annual Stein’s challenge is on Saturday - the last winter mountain event. Time to think about our June Brew Grass Festival.

Pretty crazy that trails that were closed less than a week ago have reopened at this point in mid-April and that we're still getting new snow. Looking forward to the next 3 weekends! As much as the new snow is cool, I'm ready for spring skiing and am hoping for sun and warmer temps.

As for Brew Grass, I am excited that my sister and her husband are finally able to fit it into their schedule and coming up from Maryland for it this year.

Hawk

Good news Win. I am looking forward to it. Looks like another Cinco de Mayo / Kentucky Derby combo party once again. Lets hope for warm temps and sunny skies!