• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

WinS

It is working on both my iPhone and iPad when I look at both the web and the app using both chrome and explorer. Very often refreshing the browser is the solution or reboot.

benski

The "Sugarbush Thread"

It is working on both my iPhone and iPad when I look at both the web and the app using both chrome and explorer. Very often refreshing the browser is the solution or reboot.

Tried all that, reinstalling flash. No luck. I tried Safari and chrome on Mac OS. All the latest version. Its only sugarbush.com that's having issues.

mbedle

Tried all that, reinstalling flash. No luck. I tried Safari and chrome on Mac OS. All the latest version. Its only sugarbush.com that's having issues.

Mine was not working the last couple of days, but this morning they are up and running in safari. Try deleting you cache and see if that helps (safari, Clear History...)

KustyTheKlown

well at sugarbush you generally don't need to poach because they tend to have a pretty liberal rope dropping policy. mark the top clearly "thin cover, experts only, really, think about it", and let the people have at it.

cdskier

well at sugarbush you generally don't need to poach because they tend to have a pretty liberal rope dropping policy. mark the top clearly "thin cover, experts only, really, think about it", and let the people have at it.

Which is all the more reason why it bothers me seeing people poaching at Sugarbush.

If it's closed at Sugarbush its probably not skiable. that has been my experience.

I think this week a few of the trails that they didn't drop the ropes on yet was more of a situation where patrol just didn't have a chance yet to check them and mark potential hazards. For example Moonshine/Twist/Lower Moonshine opened I want to say Thursday (although possibly late Wednesday after I left). There wasn't really much more snow Thursday (or even Wednesday afternoon) compared to say Wednesday morning, but there were several waterbars that Patrol marked before they opened it. On Lower Moonshine they also diverted people completely away from the very bottom and had them cut through a small path through the woods back over to Spring Fling.

My take is to have some patience and let patrol do their jobs and have respect for their decisions. It really isn't going to kill you if you wait a few hours or even a couple extra days to ski a trail once patrol officially drops the ropes.

On a side-note, the HKD towers on lower snowball were pumping out incredibly dry snow this morning...although of course it was around 10 degrees out at the time. Not a single "flake" stuck to my jacket or goggles. The fan gun at the bottom of Racer's Edge/Spring Fling I can't say the same thing about though...that snow wasn't as nice as what was coming out of the HKDs. Too bad we don't have temps like that all the time...those low e guns really excel in those conditions.

WinS

We looked into this further and it does appears that for some unknown reason a number of browsers were having difficulty opening the cams. Working with out vendors we think we have this solved. We think it may have been related to either Flash or Windows updates. If it is not working tomorrow, send me an email.wsmith@sugarbush.com. Sorry for the inconvenience, benski.

djd66

We looked into this further and it does appears that for some unknown reason a number of browsers were having difficulty opening the cams. Working with out vendors we think we have this solved. We think it may have been related to either Flash or Windows updates. If it is not working tomorrow, send me an email.wsmith@sugarbush.com. Sorry for the inconvenience, benski.

For all the people on this site that bitch about pretty much everything- how can you complain about sugarbush and the current management? This is a great example of how lucky we are to have an owner that is so engaged. Thank you Win!

WinS

Trail count tomorrow will be up to 59. Snowmaking overnight on Waterfall, Sleeper and Lower Snowball. Hiking over to Castlerock will be permitted and possibly up North Lynx. Will assess in am. Going to regular weekend hours with Bravo and Heaven’s Gate opening at 8am. Temps in the mid 20s and maybe a dusting overnight.

Hawk

Win is that new NoMad shack an expresso shack????? If so that totally rules. We have been asking for one of those for years after we experienced it at crystal mountain. This makes me very happy. :smile:

cdskier

For all the people on this site that bitch about pretty much everything- how can you complain about sugarbush and the current management? This is a great example of how lucky we are to have an owner that is so engaged. Thank you Win!

Agreed!

tnt1234

Trail count tomorrow will be up to 59. Snowmaking overnight on Waterfall, Sleeper and Lower Snowball. Hiking over to Castlerock will be permitted and possibly up North Lynx. Will assess in am. Going to regular weekend hours with Bravo and Heaven’s Gate opening at 8am. Temps in the mid 20s and maybe a dusting overnight.

Wow.

I hiked with my daughters to castlerock last X_mas break for one run down Middle Earth - was really a treat - such a great adventure for the three of us...that was our first day at SB Lincoln peak. So psyched that - if the weather holds - we might get to experience castle rock again this break.

Don't want to jinx it, but really glad to hear hiking is open already.

WinS

Win is that new NoMad shack an expresso shack????? If so that totally rules. We have been asking for one of those for years after we experienced it at crystal mountain. This makes me very happy. :smile:
Yes. Enjoy��

Hawk

Observations from today.
- as much as the Mt Ellen crew hates it, and based on the crowd today, there certainly was not a need to open Mt Ellen this weekend. The lines were pretty much non-existent. Sorry guys.
- Natural snow trails Domino, Lex, Moonshine, Mall and Spills skied great early with surprisingly good coverage early and then some expected thinning as the day went on. Paradise was good early but even at 9am it was showing the wear. it was expected.
- Castlerock - we were one of the first over today. Skied Middle Earth with probably 1 set of tracks from today and maybe a half dozen from the days earlier. Right side was over a foot deep untracked. Best run of the year. Things will get boney quick so go get it!
- All in all great day of skiing. Sitting here now pregaming for the sugarbash. We love the Grift. It's going to be one of those nights that might not allow us to be there for the opening tomorrow. I guess sacrifices have to be made. ;-)

WinS

Observations from today.
- as much as the Mt Ellen crew hates it, and based on the crowd today, there certainly was not a need to open Mt Ellen this weekend. The lines were pretty much non-existent. Sorry guys.
- Natural snow trails Domino, Lex, Moonshine, Mall and Spills skied great early with surprisingly good coverage early and then some expected thinning as the day went on. Paradise was good early but even at 9am it was showing the wear. it was expected.
- Castlerock - we were one of the first over today. Skied Middle Earth with probably 1 set of tracks from today and maybe a half dozen from the days earlier. Right side was over a foot deep untracked. Best run of the year. Things will get boney quick so go get it!
- All in all great day of skiing. Sitting here now pregaming for the sugarbash. We love the Grift. It's going to be one of those nights that might not allow us to be there for the opening tomorrow. I guess sacrifices have to be made. ;-)

No mention of the Expresso at Nomad? I told them to expect you.👍

Hawk

I went by there real early in the morning so they were not open yet. Rushed out of there in the afternoon to run errands and do dinner before the sugar bash. Today we will hit it for sure.