• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

rocks860

Question for you guys. Does anyone know how you reload the rfid card if you’re buying a ticket online in advance? Do you have to do it through the sugarbush website? I got a card back in January, just wasn’t sure if I could buy an advance ticket on liftopia or something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody know?

cdskier

Anybody know?

I know doing it through the Sugarbush website would work as long as your card is linked to your online account. No idea how something like liftopia would work with that though...

ThinkSnow

Anybody know?

From the Liftopia website:

Pick-up Instructions
[FONT=&quot]Redeem your Liftopia voucher for Sugarbush lift tickets at the ticket window in The Farmhouse at Lincoln Peak or Mt. Ellen.
If you do not already have a SugarXpress Card, an additional one-time $5 SugarXpress Card charge will be collected when a ticket is picked up at the ticket window.
[/FONT]

Hawk

From the Liftopia website:

Pick-up Instructions
[FONT="]Redeem your Liftopia voucher for Sugarbush lift tickets at the ticket window in The Farmhouse at Lincoln Peak or Mt. Ellen.
If you do not already have a SugarXpress Card, an additional one-time $5 SugarXpress Card charge will be collected when a ticket is picked up at the ticket window.
[/FONT]
I would do it through the sugarbush website and then you can go directly to the lift. If you use liftopia it sounds like you have to go to the window. Be forewarned the sugarbush ticket window has been a 30 to 40 minute line if you don't get there by 8:00 or 8:15.

cdskier

I would do it through the sugarbush website and then you can go directly to the lift. If you use liftopia it sounds like you have to go to the window. Be forewarned the sugarbush ticket window has been a 30 to 40 minute line if you don't get there by 8:00 or 8:15.

And unless someone has a coupon or credit at Liftopia, the prices seem to be almost exactly the same as via Sugarbush's website. In fact Sugarbush is even 1 cent cheaper on some days! Convenience factor alone of not having to go to the ticket window would be the deciding factor for me though.

rocks860

And unless someone has a coupon or credit at Liftopia, the prices seem to be almost exactly the same as via Sugarbush's website. In fact Sugarbush is even 1 cent cheaper on some days! Convenience factor alone of not having to go to the ticket window would be the deciding factor for me though.

Yeah I looked earlier and it seemed to be the exact same price on the sugarbush website. I’ll probably just buy it on there when I get home

WinS

Purchasing directly will always be the best price. If you have a SugarXpres card you can reload via the Web or the APP. You just need to input the IP Code on the back of the card. If you keep the card you can also use next season for passes and tickets and go directly to the lift. Earlier lines we people picking up for first time - especially Quad Packs.

WinS

I really hate to continue this, but I want to make a couple of points:

1. If Win or SB management witnessed this (or were told about it) do you think they wouldn't address it?

2. Not to justify rude behavior, but people have bad days all the time. Maybe his wife divorced him that AM. Maybe his car broke down. Maybe someone ran over his foot. Maybe the driver of the car repeatedly ignored his instructions. Who knows. It's not justified, but it happens.

3. Do you think for a second that this is reflective of all SB employees? Do you think for a second that this type of behavior couldn't happen elsewhere in any other business or at any other ski resort?

4. The complaints on this thread about one off issues just show me that some people will focus on the negative no matter what. Saturday was the best skiing I've ever had at Sugarbush and rather than mention one thing about that, you focus on a parking lot attendant.

5. For every negative issue, there are dozens of positive ones. I mentioned three great ones up-thread. It's life. Stuff is going to happen. Both good and bad. If you focus on the bad stuff, life will be a bummer.

I've already commented about the wonderful skiing. But I would be remiss if I didn't mention the nice conversation I had with Judy who I chatted with while waiting for the jitney. Both of my jitney drivers picked me up and dropped me off within yards of my car and said they were sorry for not being able to get me any closer (LOL). The liftie at Castlerock was from Holmdel, NJ (about 25 miles from me) and we had a pleasant conversation. My RFID card has been having some issues and before I drove up, I spoke with Pavel in the ticket office. He fixed the issue, stayed with me on the phone to make sure it worked, and emailed me later in the day to tell me another piece of info that I forgot to ask about. This doesn't even include the great conversations I had on the lift and in the liftlines. While I prefer to ski with friends and family, it doesn't always work like that so I love that I'm able to ski as a single every now and then and still enjoy the experience.

Was not aware of this but will look into it. Our attendants are really good so this is surprising. We did have one guest a few weeks who drove in fast into the exit and the security guy got pretty frosted.

WinS

that's my wifey who did that.

fwiw-seems the lift issues from several years ago have resolved. curious as to what did the trick. or combination of things.

also, have never seen mt ellen so full as it was saturday. all lots full and cars parked on the side of the access road. still, no lift lines to speak of. heard lincoln peak was pretty good too. guessing a lot of people were spending time in the woods.

A lot of preventative summer maintenance and a good team of mechanics who care about their work.

rocks860

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Purchasing directly will always be the best price. If you have a SugarXpres card you can reload via the Web or the APP. You just need to input the IP Code on the back of the card. If you keep the card you can also use next season for passes and tickets and go directly to the lift. Earlier lines we people picking up for first time - especially Quad Packs.

Just did it on the website, was pretty simple once I figured out what email address the card I got from my quad pack was linked to

tumbler

Snow report saying firm conditions, huh? It’s never gotten above freezing at the summit since last weekend? Only down low?

bumpcrasher

Snow report saying firm conditions, huh? It’s never gotten above freezing at the summit since last weekend? Only down low?

Agreed. I thought the snow report was a bit pessimistic. All North-facing slopes did very well (Heaven's Gate certainly the best and certain parts off Super B). The North Linx/Gate House side was full on spring as the sun is SO strong right now. I assume they firmed up overnight. Still plenty of soft snow out there.

WWF-VT

Mt Ellen was great today - real "packed powder" on the groomers and everything above the North Ridge chair is still winter. Did multiple laps of FIS and dry, soft bumps on Exterminator, Bravo, Tumbler and Hammerhead. Blue sky all day !

rocks860

Gatehouse area was very soft by the time I was done today so that is definitely going to refreeze but everything I skied upper mount at Lincoln and mount Ellen was still pretty chalky

teleo

Gotta love a day with soft spring bumps on sunrise and soft powder bumps on north facing slopes.