The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 436

AlpineZone

Page 436 of 448 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 4474
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Yes it was to start. Fun seeing it go from flat to bumpy as the day goes on.
    Yes it is. I remember that. I remember how things looked on Saturday first run and then Sunday in the afternoon. Looked like they had a good run this year. And a longer season than Alta, who also just closed this past weekend.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Yes it is. I remember that. I remember how things looked on Saturday first run and then Sunday in the afternoon. Looked like they had a good run this year. And a longer season than Alta, who also just closed this past weekend.
    Would not have believed it at the end of February but it was a good year. Thanks everyone.

Exciting new restaurant options coming: Sage (Ana and Paul, owners of Hyde Away) opening at the old Egan's corner of 17/100 and Worthy Burger in the old Home Plate/Jay's opposite Bisbee's. Also, of course, Lawson's Finest. I travel for Worthy Burger's current location in South Royalton just to have Poutin (cheesy fries with gravy) and the Turduckin burger with blue cheese and bacon (turkey, duck, chicken meat), plus they have a very good beer selection and draft root beer.

Lots going on in the Valley currently with the Mad Marathon, Farmer's Market, Art's Festival shows at American Flatbread, Valley Arts, and the amazing Bundy Modern show. Saw the Grift on Friday night, swam in the river, climbed Sunset Rock. Went to the Stowe Balloon Fest last night. All good.

Even though we moved here for the winter, we now love the summer even more.

It was in the valley reporter on the 5th. The only problem is the parking there. They do not have enough parking and I would not be surprised if the town does not give them a hard time when it comes to the permitting. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    It was in the valley reporter on the 5th. The only problem is the parking there. They do not have enough parking and I would not be surprised if the town does not give them a hard time when it comes to the permitting. We will see.
    Makes sense. It would be ashamed if parking stoped the place from reaching its full potential. A downtown by me, in Croton on Hudson has some parking issue the town refuses to let any permitting without adequate parking despite a lack of solutions to the parking issue so the businesses all suck

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    Exciting new restaurant options coming: Sage (Ana and Paul, owners of Hyde Away) opening at the old Egan's corner of 17/100 and Worthy Burger in the old Home Plate/Jay's opposite Bisbee's. Also, of course, Lawson's Finest. I travel for Worthy Burger's current location in South Royalton just to have Poutin (cheesy fries with gravy) and the Turduckin burger with blue cheese and bacon (turkey, duck, chicken meat), plus they have a very good beer selection and draft root beer.

Lots going on in the Valley currently with the Mad Marathon, Farmer's Market, Art's Festival shows at American Flatbread, Valley Arts, and the amazing Bundy Modern show. Saw the Grift on Friday night, swam in the river, climbed Sunset Rock. Went to the Stowe Balloon Fest last night. All good.

Even though we moved here for the winter, we now love the summer even more.
    Hope the new owners got all the water/sewer issues worked out that had kept the building vacant for so long.
    Sugarbush skier since 1985.........Think Snow!

sounds like they're ditching more condos at the base for a hotel/conference/spa.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    sounds like they're ditching more condos at the base for a hotel/conference/spa.
    Probably a smart move. The demand for the high end condos they've been building just isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    My wife would enjoy the spa. Where did you hear/read this news?

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    My wife would enjoy the spa. Where did you hear/read this news?
    It was mentioned towards the end of a recent e-mail that talked about a variety of topics...not particularly sure which mailing list it was part of as it went to one of my e-mail addresses that I don't check as often and not the one I usually receive most of my Sugarbush related e-mails on.

Win also suggested this last year in a video interview with someone (maybe MRV TV?).

Thread Information