• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

The grading at the bottom is pretty much done. If you go back to page 312 of this thread there are some pretty good pics. Basically the slope at the exit of Out to lunch coming from behind Rice brook at the bridge has not changed at all. At the bottom of the lift they built a big retaining wall to level of the area so they can have a flat lift line area. This is at the lower bridge below Gadd Brook.

gotcha... just curious to see how it matches up to the renderings in terms of making it a true ski-on, ski-off for the new construction and how/if it ties into the old village...would be cool if the older condos up the hill had more ski-able access too...just daydreaming there

djd66

gotcha... just curious to see how it matches up to the renderings in terms of making it a true ski-on, ski-off for the new construction and how/if it ties into the old village...would be cool if the older condos up the hill had more ski-able access too...just daydreaming there

I don't see anything changing with this configuration for anyone coming from the old village area. Everyone should have the same access as they did last year.

When they built the village trail - they F'd up royally when they did not build some kind of bridge from the Village trail the the village. It's kind of a joke that you have to take your skis off and walk 200 yards to get to the Out to Lunch trail.

tumbler

djd66; When they built the village trail - they F'd up royally when they did not build some kind of bridge from the Village trail the the village. It's kind of a joke that you have to take your skis off and walk 200 yards to get to the Out to Lunch trail.[/QUOTE said:
Yup, they sure did. Snowmaking would help too.

tnt1234

Starting to think about winter break....had a great trip to SB/MRG last year. Might do it again....working theory being. if the season starts off slow re: snow, you have the snow making power of SB, and heck, could even drive to stowe for a day. But if snow is falling, you've got great skiing at SB and MRG....

Worked out great last year.

Other thought is, try the same theory out in S. Vt. Get a place close to stratton or Okemo and either ski man made snow there, or, god willing, head over to Magic for early natural snow skiing...seems overly optimistic though. Driving north really makes more sense I think.

Anyway...looking forward to winter....

slatham

Starting to think about winter break....had a great trip to SB/MRG last year. Might do it again....working theory being. if the season starts off slow re: snow, you have the snow making power of SB, and heck, could even drive to stowe for a day. But if snow is falling, you've got great skiing at SB and MRG....

Worked out great last year.

Other thought is, try the same theory out in S. Vt. Get a place close to stratton or Okemo and either ski man made snow there, or, god willing, head over to Magic for early natural snow skiing...seems overly optimistic though. Driving north really makes more sense I think.

Anyway...looking forward to winter....

Magic is upping their snowmaking game so it shouldn't need a 2'+base to be an option anymore!!!

And don't forget Bromley. Great option vs Stratton and Okemo, unless you LIKE skiing with tons of people!

1dog

Sugarbush MRG ski house membership available
$1400 Nov- April ( or close)

40's 50's singles and couples email for info

tnt1234

Magic is upping their snowmaking game so it shouldn't need a 2'+base to be an option anymore!!!

And don't forget Bromley. Great option vs Stratton and Okemo, unless you LIKE skiing with tons of people!

i think I'm going to save S. Vt. for a Jan/Feb weekend trip. We all had such a great day at MRG, I think the enthusiasm for the Mad River Valley is too high to ignore...

tumbler

cdskier

From you pics it looks like they added towers to Which Way, so hopeully more snowmaking ofr it this season. Cruiser & Northstar get a bit old.

I just looked back at my videos from this past season and they had towers on Which Way last year. I wasn't paying attention when I was hiking whether there are more now than last year though. It will see more snowmaking though simply because of the new pipe. I think the old pipe was shot which is why they put a new one in and why it had minimal snowmaking recently.

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
There have been breaks in the Which Way pipeline for the past two years while we were making snow on it, so what snow we did get down was minimal. Couple that with various thaw-freeze-thaw cycles over the past couple of years, WW was very slick and undesireable to most. I did ride it a few times this past season (and not once during 15/16), following some big dumps, and it was pretty good. It was dense enough snow to cover the slickness underneath.

Towers have been on WW for (at least) 3 years now.

cdskier

Just wondering if anyone got their new RFID pass in the mail yet. They said they would be mailed to existing passholders "later in the fall" but as we're almost into November and less than 3 weeks away from opening day if weather cooperates, I'm starting to wonder when they are mailing them.

BarkingDog

Just wondering if anyone got their new RFID pass in the mail yet. They said they would be mailed to existing passholders "later in the fall" but as we're almost into November and less than 3 weeks away from opening day if weather cooperates, I'm starting to wonder when they are mailing them.

I just saw a message this week from Sugarbush that they were mailing them out now. Based on what I read, I would expect them early next week.

cdskier

I just saw a message this week from Sugarbush that they were mailing them out now. Based on what I read, I would expect them early next week.

Just checked one of my other e-mail accounts that Sugarbush tends to use (not sure why as it isn't the one listed online in my account profile) and noticed at 3:30PM this afternoon they sent me an e-mail saying it is in the mail!