• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Skiing was off the chart today. fresh in the woods all day. hiked the ridge, spillsville was sweet. Lower elevations tougher conditions.

teleo

Groomed Middle Earth should be fun in the morning
+1. As much as I love ME bumps, the rare groomed ME is so unique. I think of it as an advanced jester.

Gee, why didn't they groom rumble[emoji28][emoji6][emoji44]

WinS

How do people resell quad pack tickets? I thought the original purchaser had to be present to redeem them for that specific day.

They do. Some people picked up multiple days. Just don’t resell them in front of the ticket window please. Be careful some have sold used cards and got a surprise when they got to the gate.

WinS

+1. As much as I love ME bumps, the rare groomed ME is so unique. I think of it as an advanced jester.

Gee, why didn't they groom rumble[emoji28][emoji6][emoji44]

Someone actually asked me once if we could groom it. And speaking of grooming our winch cat still had an issue but we are going to go at Ripcord again tonight and also Moonshine and Lower Twist. Can't go back to Castlerock though but it should still be nice tomorrow which looks like a mirror image of today but maybe warmer :):)

cdskier

Today was pretty damn awesome. Would have loved to lap cr all day but couldn't deal with that line. Did a couple runs there early and then went back and did a couple more in the afternoon. Fun to see how much the trails changed in those few hours.

This may be some of the best late season coverage in a long time. Just imagine if we also had normal snowfall and didn't have all those thaws this season!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

HowieT2

Today was pretty damn awesome. Would have loved to lap cr all day but couldn't deal with that line. Did a couple runs there early and then went back and did a couple more in the afternoon. Fun to see how much the trails changed in those few hours.

This may be some of the best late season coverage in a long time. Just imagine if we also had normal snowfall and didn't have all those thaws this season!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

awesome weekend. conditions were spectacular. paradise woods had great coverage. paradise was paradise. glad I didnt listen to myself and stay home.

SkiingInABlueDream

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Middle Earth and Rumble on Apr 21. Probably my best runs of the season there. And Middle Earth groomed (and again on 4/21) will long stand as one of the most unique ski runs I've ever taken.
Everything about this weekend was stellar. Imo sugarbush made the right call on everything they chose to groom and not groom. That combined with temps that were comfortable but actually not super warm, and yet enough sun to soften everything by 10:00. How often do you get spring snow surfaces with frosted trees and mid Winter scenery on the top third of the mountain. I can't stop raving ppl at the office are like, you did what this weekend?? [emoji16][emoji16]

<Edit> oh and, I think a few mentioned crowds but I didn't think it was bad at all. I never waited more than ~2 mins in any line except for castlerock, which is kind of a given. I guess maybe the lodge and bar may have gotten busy but that's fine by me if it means fewer ppl on the mountain [emoji16]
I was surprised and sorry to read about the shitshows at kton and Cat.

Last edited:

WinS

Thank you everyone who came out this past weekend. Our team gave a lot of thought on what to groom and what entertainment and F&B options to make for the best experience and Mother Nature kicked in too. Lili and I had out best two days of the season. I have to head off to a family weekend event and then the NSAA annual convention, but we look forward to seeing a lot of you on Sunday, May 6th, our final day. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and we can have a terrific Derby De Mayo day on the 5th. Whomever left the nice note under my windshield wiper Thank You very much.

cdskier

Someone that I rode the CR lift with this weekend referred to a groomed ME the exact same way.

I still can't stop thinking about how awesome this weekend was. Weird driving past the mountain as I was leaving this morning though and seeing everything still bumped up.

teleo

Was a perfect spring weekend. Took my fastest run ever on ME sat am. Pretty much skied natural snow trails all day sat including woods. Awesome for april 21st.

Cd it wasn't me on CR chair. I was never single.

Win, can't wait to see what your team comes up with for derby demayo. You've been nailing the courtyard apres scene this spring.

Skrn

My family is considering coming to Sugarbush this coming weekend. My daughter is only comfortable skiing green and easy blue trails. Are we expecting some green and easy blue trails to be open? Thanks!

WinS

My family is considering coming to Sugarbush this coming weekend. My daughter is only comfortable skiing green and easy blue trails. Are we expecting some green and easy blue trails to be open? Thanks!
There will not be any green trails open and a bit early to know what blues will be opened and groomed. With showers over the next few days we are likely to lose snow. We hope that trails like Jester and Lower Snowball will hold up. Spring Fling is intermediate but a bit sleeper that the other I mentioned. Our Friday snow report will indicate what will be opened and groomed.

cdskier

There will not be any green trails open and a bit early to know what blues will be opened and groomed. With showers over the next few days we are likely to lose snow. We hope that trails like Jester and Lower Snowball will hold up. Spring Fling is intermediate but a bit sleeper that the other I mentioned. Our Friday snow report will indicate what will be opened and groomed.

To add to what Win said, also keep in mind that spring conditions on a blue trail can be quite different than what you would find mid-winter. Soft spring snow bumps up very quickly and someone comfortable skiing blue trails in the winter may not feel the same way in the spring.