The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 300

AlpineZone

Page 300 of 337 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 3366

Your math is correct Phin but something seems off. I don't think you can do an 8:30 minute lap on the VH quad. I think it is to slow. You also have to check into the table each lap and you have the slow coffee run traverse. you also have to do this non-stop with no slowing down for 4 hours. And the lift can not stop for very long. I don't know, interesting problem. We will see. I will time it this weekend.
    [QUOTE=phin;978951]Just noticed in todays snow report that Brooks Curran (IG legend) won last years event with 28 laps. That's 7 laps/hr

FYI - They have it on liftblog at 7:50 for ride time on that lift so that would leave about 45 seconds for ski time with no delays every time. I don't know.

My son is doing the Steins challenge this weekend and last week he timed himself at about 11 minutes per lap. The trail was pretty well bumped up when he skied it on Sunday and there was only about a ten foot wide exit at the bottom.
    Last edited by WWF-VT; Apr 20, 2017 at 4:23 PM.

Was it a 4 hour race last year? If it was 5, 28 would seem more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by phin View Post
    Just noticed in todays snow report that Brooks Curran (IG legend) won last years event with 28 laps. That's 7 laps/hr --> ~8.5 minutes per lap, including the ride up the VH quad.

Is my math wrong here? How is that even possible?
    28 is wrong. Not sure why they listed that. He had 25. I checked the photo on my iPhone of the results sheet from last year.

And yes, it was 4 hours last year. I believe Brooks (and some others) were using the Bravo chair and flying down the VH Traverse to save a minute or two off of the VH chair ride. I guess if you can get enough speed on the traverse it works out. Brooks and a few others were absolutely flying down Steins last year. It was quite impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    And yes, it was 4 hours last year. I believe Brooks (and some others) were using the Bravo chair and flying down the VH Traverse to save a minute or two off of the VH chair ride. I guess if you can get enough speed on the traverse it works out. Brooks and a few others were absolutely flying down Steins last year. It was quite impressive.
    I doubt that saves you time unless you have crazy stamina since you sit less, have no foot rests and longer runs. I times it last year and you probably have to skate the traverse to make to save more than a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    I doubt that saves you time unless you have crazy stamina since you sit less, have no foot rests and longer runs. I times it last year and you probably have to skate the traverse to make to save more than a few seconds.
    I have my doubts as well, but I know people were doing it and claiming it was saving them time. I stuck to the VH chair the whole time as I didn't want to add any additional skiing that I didn't have to.

Always wondered, but timing is very close. Last week a I saw a friend getting on Bravo as I was heading into VH. He was skiing into stiens as I was getting off VH. Didn't compare lift stops or how fast he skied, but it's that close. With soft snow, might have to expend energy on the traverse to gain time. Works for the young ones. I'd need an old farts Tele class to compete.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    No it does save you time unless the traverse is really sticky. You also have to understand Brooks. Stamina and Strength is not an issue with him.

Thread Information