The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 301

AlpineZone

Page 301 of 436 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 4351
    Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    I doubt that saves you time unless you have crazy stamina since you sit less, have no foot rests and longer runs. I times it last year and you probably have to skate the traverse to make to save more than a few seconds.
    No it does save you time unless the traverse is really sticky. You also have to understand Brooks. Stamina and Strength is not an issue with him.

Damn, for $20 I kind of want to represent for the snowboarders... but I think I'm helping my brother move tomorrow. Bummer.
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: Hoping for 35+ days!

If liftblog is correct and all things being equal as far the lifts never stopping,the Super Bravo chair is 2 miutes faster.Have not been there for 10 years but iirc I would think its no more than 1 minute to do that traverse.
    SIKSKIER

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by SIKSKIER View Post
    If liftblog is correct and all things being equal as far the lifts never stopping,the Super Bravo chair is 2 miutes faster.Have not been there for 10 years but iirc I would think its no more than 1 minute to do that traverse.
    That's a long traverse. Longer than a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    That's a long traverse. Longer than a minute.

I think it can be done in a minute under the right conditions. I timed myself this morning and it took me 1:45 to get from the top of bravo across the vht. Conditions were slow today though and I'm sure people could beat my time even today with fresh spring wax and more speed.

Not a particularly nice day for the event today though. Lots of low clouds impacting visibility at times and even a bit of a shower at times. I heard they only had 24 participants.

On a positive note, I thought skiing this morning was quite nice. Glad they were able to keep heavens gate open as organgrinder still has deep snow. I was lapping that for a while. Og might last longer than anything else for those willing to hike once hg closes.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I think it can be done in a minute under the right conditions. I timed myself this morning and it took me 1:45 to get from the top of bravo across the vht. Conditions were slow today though and I'm sure people could beat my time even today with fresh spring wax and more speed.

Not a particularly nice day for the event today though. Lots of low clouds impacting visibility at times and even a bit of a shower at times. I heard they only had 24 participants.

On a positive note, I thought skiing this morning was quite nice. Glad they were able to keep heavens gate open as organgrinder still has deep snow. I was lapping that for a while. Og might last longer than anything else for those willing to hike once hg closes.

Yeah if it is firm and fast and there's no traffic you just cruise along. I always remember it being busy.

Live, Ski, or Die!

Competitors were restricted to using the Valley House chair for the competition and my son completed 22 laps and finished 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Competitors were restricted to using the Valley House chair for the competition and my son completed 22 laps and finished 3rd
    I thought it looked like they were requiring use of the vh chair. Good decision to make everything equal. 22 is impressive under the conditions. It seemed much bumpier than I remember it being last year.

Items for Sale
    So are they done or pretty close to it?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Done with daily operations. Opening next weeeknd then done

Thread Information