• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Hawk

There isn't. He was referring to what he was reading in this thread (which I think was misinterpreted as I didn't see what he saw).

Go back to posts 4382, 4388, 4392 and 4397 and tell me that these people do not have issues with ski racers. It seems to me it is hard to misinterpret how they feel.

cdskier

Go back to posts 4382, 4388, 4392 and 4397 and tell me that these people do not have issues with ski racers. It seems to me it is hard to misinterpret how they feel.

Issues is not the same as hatred. Even re-reading those posts, I don't see anything to that level. All those posts are pretty much talking in general, not really issues specifically at Sugarbush.

Oh well, slow day at work and I'm off to the lake for the weekend. No more posts from me today.

rtjcbrown

As the author of post 4397, I can tell you I do not have issues with ski racers, so you have "misinterpreted how they (I) feel". My issue is with ANYONE who leaves their skis in a place that makes it difficult for others to navigate access to the lodge when there is available space on the rack. If you need to turn it into an attack on ski racers, then that's on you. My point is one of common courtesy to other skiers.

BenedictGomez

As the author of post 4392, I can tell you I do not have issues with ski racers (save the 1 mentioned), but I think you may have an issue with literary absolutism.

mbedle

As the author of post 4392, I can tell you I do not have issues with ski racers (save the 1 mentioned), but I think you may have an issue with literary absolutism.

WTF are you talking about? - It seems pretty clear to me after reading your post below, that you do have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
The disrespect shown by racers really should be policed by their coaches. It's a big problem at Attitash
Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
Spot on
Where ISN'T it a "big problem" when racer kids descend upon a property?

I've noticed this for years, but I've never understood it from a sociological perspective.

1) Are racer kids simply raised more entitled to do whatever they want, with no control or accountability?
2) Are racer kids statistically significantly more likely to have bad parents?
3) Did it evolve culturally that racer kids can toss their crap anywhere they want (seems unlikely)?

I. Dont. Get. It.

But the "racer crap tossed everywhere", occurrence is undeniably real.

tumbler

FWIW...new pump house building under construction at the pond at Mt Ellen

I wonder if capacity is going up or just building a new structure. The main pumphouse is down by the Fayston Elem School and the pond was used for boosting. (this was years ago)

Newpylong

Their systems are not configured like that. They are rebuilding the pumps and pumphouse at Ellen pond (next to Inverness) which feeds Inverness pod, down North Ridge/Terrain Park and base area. There is a 3rd wet pit but they chose not to add another pump. This pump house is 800 gpm.

The water for the rest of the system (seperate) comes from the "Van Loon" pump station at the 2 brooks next to the elementary school and is sent up to the main pumphouse to the left of the Alpine Comp Center. 2500 gpm.

Hawk

Their systems are not configured like that. They are rebuilding the pumps and pumphouse at Ellen pond (next to Inverness) which feeds Inverness pod, down North Ridge/Terrain Park and base area. There is a 3rd wet pit but they chose not to add another pump. This pump house is 800 gpm.

The water for the rest of the system (seperate) comes from the "Van Loon" pump station at the 2 brooks next to the elementary school and is sent up to the main pumphouse to the left of the Alpine Comp Center. 2500 gpm.

Snowmaking upgrades? Hmmm. I like the sound of that. ;-)

thetrailboss

Staff member

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

ThinkSnow

From Win: Last week a new owner closed on the Paradise Deli. Already some nice improvements are noticeable and he plans to close for a short while this fall for further improvements. Also, the former Terra Rosa on the Sugarbush Access Road is reopening as Avalanche and will feature pizza in its wood oven. Richie who made pizza for us for the past few years in the Gatehouse Lodge will be the chef at Avalanche. These happenings are in addition to Worthy Burger coming to the Valley and the reopening of Egan’s under new ownership this fall as Sage.

tumbler

Good stuff for the valley! Hopefully they will all succeed. My kids love the gatehouse pizza so hopefully there has been an apprentice pizza chef.

What's next? The old Egan's being sold and re-opened?!?!