• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

BenedictGomez

I'd recommend mt. ellen. first of all, because there is less traffic, the woods will be better. second, you can do the upper mtn woods and meet your gf on the groomers. take a look at the trail map and you'll see what I mean.

That does seem logical, though I really want to ski Middle Earth and Paradise too. Maybe ski Ellen in the am and then drive to Lincoln after lunch, or is the shuttle more efficient than loading/unloading/parking your car? Also, how difficult of a path down from the top are Jester and Rim Rum? She's fine with lower intermediate and average or standard intermediate trails, but I dont want to scare her if it's an intermediate that's pushing diamond status.

yesterday deep in exterminator woods.

Wow, that's an impressive amount of snow and more than I expected. Even with some sun and 36 degrees over the next few days, I dont think I have much to worry about.

HowieT2

That does seem logical, though I really want to ski Middle Earth and Paradise too. Maybe ski Ellen in the am and then drive to Lincoln after lunch, or is the shuttle more efficient than loading/unloading/parking your car? Also, how difficult of a path down from the top are Jester and Rim Rum? She's fine with lower intermediate and average or standard intermediate trails, but I dont want to scare her if it's an intermediate that's pushing diamond status.

Wow, that's an impressive amount of snow and more than I expected. Even with some sun and 36 degrees over the next few days, I dont think I have much to worry about.

Shuttle is definitely the way to go if you want to do both mtns.

Jester and rim run are average blues.

twinplanx

You can ski it from mt. ellen but it is more complicated (so as not to end up in a creek) and hence not nearly as commonly done.

I believe the mtn offers guides to take you in there for a run. not sure what the charge is.

If you are there saturday, I'll gladly show you the way.

If you're offering free tours I'll do my best to keep up...

Last edited:

STREETSKIER

Love to take a group out ,but must be a solid skiers we could use more snow ,shes about half full. Most zones have been pounded out by wknd. Chumpage you know who you are !! Bring go pros and kind !trails skied nice. Wind blown silk

HowieT2

Ill do a run Saturday morning.
pm me and we'll figure out when to meet.

this is second hand info but I was told that the conditions in there are fine.

twinplanx

Ill do a run Saturday morning.
pm me and we'll figure out when to meet.

this is second hand info but I was told that the conditions in there are fine.

Howie, I'm having trouble trying to pm you. It could be a taptalk issue and I will try on the full site when I get a chance. But just in case I believe we will be starting out at 8am, hitting up Superbravo & GMX as those seem to be the early chairs. I wear a red spyder jacket with yellow trim, black pants, dark blue helmet with AZ sticker on back. Hope to hear from ya :)

twinplanx

Love to take a group out ,but must be a solid skiers we could use more snow ,shes about half full. Most zones have been pounded out by wknd. Chumpage you know who you are !! Bring go pros and kind !trails skied nice. Wind blown silk

Hmmm. All things being relative, I'd say 3/4 of us are "solid" skiers. But we will need a few warm up runs. Not sure if there is a working gopro in our group, but I'll ask. My job is not 420 friendly but I bet someone could ante up. I can offer Jagerbombs if your so inclined :)

HowieT2

Howie, I'm having trouble trying to pm you. It could be a taptalk issue and I will try on the full site when I get a chance. But just in case I believe we will be starting out at 8am, hitting up Superbravo & GMX as those seem to be the early chairs. I wear a red spyder jacket with yellow trim, black pants, dark blue helmet with AZ sticker on back. Hope to hear from ya :)

I PMed you.

super bravo and gmx are the 8am chairs but they are at different mountains. the former is at lincoln peak, the latter at mt. ellen. you can do one or the other. not really both. if you want to do slidebrook, start at lincoln peak with the super bravo.

STREETSKIER

Thanks. I'm all set. Skiing this week has been good soft and still cold up top been warm down low almost Corning at gate house but clouds have persisted skied home in soft south facing woods north facing still powdery as i stated earlier pretty beat up in slide ,the traverse across is a bump luge .warm and sunny fri so maybe spring turns abound in any case it a blast Look for me red pattagucci white smith helmet AZ sticker

(Gopro hero) dynastar chams, langes, leki ,camo pants !!hestra gloves black diamond avalung, mamut harness yo

STREETSKIER

Going on recon today , some sugar snow fell last night about an inch$$$ waiting for the sun and the corn cycle to kick in!!sat-sun going to be peak spring skiing !! Peel away.

ScottySkis

Will be finding out more on this great place soon, I am so happy to be getting on my first A Zone trip and to my favorite things in life, skiing at the Bush, will be sick ands awesome times ahead.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::):thumbup::thumbup::):cool::thumbup::cool:

STREETSKIER

Raining , has all day, losing lots of sno. Freeze up next!! Ouch Truth is ,there wasn't alot to begin with, its wArmed up several times!!but the trees will still get hammered . Last run home through the woods yesterday it would take the biggest storm yet to get back what we lost ...

BenedictGomez

Raining , has all day, losing lots of sno. Freeze up next!! Ouch Truth is ,there wasn't alot to begin with, its wArmed up several times!!but the trees will still get hammered . Last run home through the woods yesterday it would take the biggest storm yet to get back what we lost ...

How bad are we talking? Was there on Friday and did Egan's Woods, Eden, Ganstas Grotto, etc... and didnt encounter a single bare spot, conditions were fantastic.

STREETSKIER

How bad are we talking? Was there on Friday and did Egan's Woods, Eden, Ganstas Grotto, etc... and didnt encounter a single bare spot, conditions were fantastic.
Ill take a few pics today I'm going out for a few this afternoon, rained 1" here .hoping it hasn't frozen solid yet!!took dog out and saw groomers on hill at 530 latest talk is next tues possible storm !! Also all those woods you skied have been down to stumps all season haven't hit those runs all year but I'm very fussy I'd rather connect turns on trails then woodpeck. This week should hit 100 days

Last edited:

ScottySkis

Ill take a few pics today I'm going out for a few this afternoon, rained 1" here .hoping it hasn't frozen solid yet!!took dog out and saw groomers on hill at 530 latest talk is next tues possible storm !! Also all those woods you skied have been down to stumps all season haven't hit those runs all year but I'm very fussy I'd rather connect turns on trails then woodpeck. This week should hit 100 days

Maybe we be lucky and get sun next weekend.

BenedictGomez

Also all those woods you skied have been down to stumps all season haven't hit those runs all year but I'm very fussy I'd rather connect turns on trails then woodpeck.

Gosh, I thought they were all in great shape. Maybe an occasional tree root to go over, but I thought coverage was fine. Perhaps I hit it during close to the best conditions of the season.

Also, the n.VT people I brought had never skied Sugarbush and loved it. They live about 50mins to Smuggs and 1 hour to Jay Peak and always ski those two places. I made it to Sugarbush from their place in less than 1h and 10 mins, whereas GOOG says it's 1h 25 minutes and has scared them away. They're definitely going to occasionally throw it into their winter rotation now.