• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Forecasted local temps here in Northern CT for Saturday have dropped from 51 to 49 so I'm hoping this is a harbinger of things on Saturday as I too, plan to head north!

bdfreetuna

Forecasted local temps here in Northern CT for Saturday have dropped from 51 to 49 so I'm hoping this is a harbinger of things on Saturday as I too, plan to head north!

Temps for Saturday are moderating in most recent forecasts... just a little colder and it's an all snow event for Sugarbush.

Hawk

I'm not gong to get that optimistic. My expectation is a net gain kind of thing. Anything more and I will be very happy. On the down side the Monday storm is trending east. I was hoping for a good dump but we will see.

HowieT2

I'm not gong to get that optimistic. My expectation is a net gain kind of thing. Anything more and I will be very happy. On the down side the Monday storm is trending east. I was hoping for a good dump but we will see.

as long as its not a cutter and I think we are good there.

WinS

CD, The second groom tonight will correct the headwall.It’s steepness requires work with a winch cat.

WinS

Its a coffee shack outside of gatehouse. I don't really get why someone would want to stand outside in the cold and order coffee. Are they selling anything else besides coffee?

Because some people like Hawk want good espresso. They are selling some muffins too.

WinS

ME on Friday should be mostly open. Will need patrol to check some of the lower natural trails. Snowmaking now on Cliffs with only Cruiser and Brambles left. Cruiser is all towers so the trail should ski well even with snowmaking going. Check out the Green Mountain Lounge. New upstairs kitchen allows new menu. Sampled it today and gave thumbs up. Walt’s will be open too with grilled cheese and Sip of Sunshine. Expect the terrain park to open too.

WinS

Win - any updates on the webcams? Living vicariously through these when not able to get up there from CT, but still only static shots using Chrome.

BTW, loved the conditions a week ago so psyched to be heading north this holiday season with extended family!!

They are working but the vendor that allows the streaming into the app is ending this service 12/31 so we are searching for a new solution.

mikec142

Hey Win,

Just a quick shout out to let you know that I think it's awesome that we can get information and updates straight from the source. It's exactly the way that a business should be run and it's amazing for community building. It's just another reason why I love Sugarbush. My family and I are driving up on Saturday and planning to ski Sun-Tues. See you on the mountain!

Mike

nhskier1969

Hey Win,

Just a quick shout out to let you know that I think it's awesome that we can get information and updates straight from the source. It's exactly the way that a business should be run and it's amazing for community building. It's just another reason why I love Sugarbush. My family and I are driving up on Saturday and planning to ski Sun-Tues. See you on the mountain!

Mike

I agree.

nhskier1969

Also with the upcoming snow, Fri/Sat looks like a net gainer and Sun/Mon more snow. Will that be enough snow to open the slide brook chair?

WinS

Will try to answer all of the above.

Tony is calling for a few inches early tomorrow through the day before changing over to freezing rain in the early morning. Could be some icing on the lifts Saturday morning on Saturday. Then some rain and maybe ending with a bit of snow. But the forecasts are all over the board. It does look like some decent snow Christmas Day. The net is that we will see a gain.

Slidebrook is close and hopefully can be running by Tuesday.

I rode Northridge today. Someone had to check out ME to make sure it is OK for everyone tomorrow 8). The groomers will be nice but there is some great powder on the upper mountain on trails like Bravo, Tumbler and Hammerhead. Crew is working on the Park and making snow over there, so will likely open the Park on Monday or Tuesday.

The big issue next week is the cold, so get your layers ready.

Thank you, Mike.

cdskier

I thought mt Ellen was fantastic this morning. Skied from 8 until about noon. Snowing pretty good almost all morning and still coming down. Exterminator was probably my favorite although skiers right on elbow was pretty sweet too early on with some decent powder accumulations. Even cliffs with the guns on was skiing well.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone