• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

teleo

Anyone know if there is an advantage to sugarbush pass holders like there was with the collective? 7 days at the bush isn't nearly enough. Haven't found anything about that yet.

cdskier

Anyone know if there is an advantage to sugarbush pass holders like there was with the collective? 7 days at the bush isn't nearly enough. Haven't found anything about that yet.

Wondering that as well. Ikon as a standalone pass has virtually no value to me.

WinS

This is a good blog. Let's be civil to each other. We can all have opinions but let's not get personal or judgmental about others.

rocks860

Win how are things looking for the weekend? I’m debating making the trip up as things are pretty dismal down here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benski

Another question for Win, are these passes simply paying the mountains a set amount of money per ticket, essentially acting as an discount ticket for the ski area, or do they pay a fixed amount to each ski area per season, therefore providing some insurance against bad snow.

MEtoVTSkier

Not sure what you are referring to in regards to personal attacks. You have no idea who I am. All I know is I have been reading your posts for years and they are rediculous. That's my opinion. Yep, 45 plus years skiing, some of those years as a professional I guess should not have any opinion. You complain that the Blazer kids are skiing on your private terrain WTF?? Yeah, I have no issue calling you out on such a rediculous comment.

Jeezus man, he's only been on here since November of 2016, barely over a year... you've been exaggerating this topic a little too much!

cdskier

Jeezus man, he's only been on here since November of 2016, barely over a year... you've been exaggerating this topic a little too much!

I assume djd is also referring to the posts on the SkiMRV forum before that died and we were forced to use the SB thread here on AZ. I'll just say that I've both agreed and disagreed with things that both Hawk and djd have said over time. The "years" thing is not an exaggeration... Neither Hawk nor djd are new to the SB community even though where the bulk of the posts occur may have changed.

djd66

Maybe its because it is coming from a rich guy from the south that pays and extra $2,200 to dump his kid off into a program so he can go free ski with his wife and friends.

This comment pretty much says it all about the kind of person you are. Oh btw, the $2200 you refer to pays for a lot of that cockamamie snowmaking.

WinS

Win how are things looking for the weekend? I’m debating making the trip up as things are pretty dismal down here

The grooming this morning came out really nicely. Ripcord was finished last and it was really soft and nice. A second night of grooming after a hard cool now does make a difference. And a third tonight should set up for a good Saturday. We are looking at some mixed weather later this afternoon and evening. It could be some wet snow, freezing rain and rain showers but I don't think it will do a lot of damage and the snow should be soft tomorrow. Friday night we could see a couple of inches of snow. Bottom line. I do not think conditions will be great but it should be OK. I plan to be out both days. Next week will not allow for snowmaking temp with days in the 40's and only cooling down slowly into the mid 20's at night. After that the forecast is calling for cooler temps again and maybe ......

WinS

Another question for Win, are these passes simply paying the mountains a set amount of money per ticket, essentially acting as an discount ticket for the ski area, or do they pay a fixed amount to each ski area per season, therefore providing some insurance against bad snow.

Sorry. This is confidential.

Hawk

Alright guys. Enough with the personal battle back and forth. If you all have beef with one another, take it to private messaging.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
Understood. I am sorry that it escalated. I just got sick of that guy chirping at me. We come from two totally different backgrounds and are pretty much polar opposites. Like I said. I am done with him.

rocks860

The grooming this morning came out really nicely. Ripcord was finished last and it was really soft and nice. A second night of grooming after a hard cool now does make a difference. And a third tonight should set up for a good Saturday. We are looking at some mixed weather later this afternoon and evening. It could be some wet snow, freezing rain and rain showers but I don't think it will do a lot of damage and the snow should be soft tomorrow. Friday night we could see a couple of inches of snow. Bottom line. I do not think conditions will be great but it should be OK. I plan to be out both days. Next week will not allow for snowmaking temp with days in the 40's and only cooling down slowly into the mid 20's at night. After that the forecast is calling for cooler temps again and maybe ......

Thanks for the response, really torn whether I should try to get out tomorrow or hold out. Doesn’t sound like next week will be any better so this may be the best chance.

KustyTheKlown

I got all my eggs in the 3/17 weekend stowe/sugarbush basket. house with 4 couples in Waterbury. ski stowe saturday. a special tasting at hill farmstead arranged for my buddy's bday (him and his girlfriend are regulars up there, and she contacted shawn hill who agreed to release a couple of bottles from his personal collection for us to consume on site) for Saturday afternoon, hen of the wood Waterbury for Saturday night, sugarbush ski sunday. classssssyyyyyy

Given everything that's gone on in the last week, today was overall a pretty great day skiing! Win, I'm really happy you let Gerry put up the beer/pizza pavilion in the garden space -- that was a lot of fun in a great location. Can't wait to hang out there when seasonally-appropriate Spring skiing starts!