• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

smac75

a couple of comments.

I have taken every possible way here and usually prefer the roxbury gap. But this time of year i take exit 3 on 89 and the behtel gap since it is paved. It takes me 7-10 minutes longer than when roxbury is in good shape.

If we knew there would be more people interested in skiing and riding we would be almost 100% open but most seem to be into other things. We will be running bravo, heaven’s gate and castlerock this weekend. Cr will be 100% and we might groom a trail or two up there given the depth. We will have over 40 trails open and the woods are still skiing well. Looks like some snow thursday and friday and then some warmer temps and more sun, so i am hoping for some more springlike conditions. We are planning on the umbrella bar and a plaza band on saturday. Sunday looks sunny and warmer. I would love to stay open midweek. Can you find a few hundred friends? But, we will reopen next weekend and the next, so please let everyone know.

Oh! Our annual stein’s challenge is on saturday - the last winter mountain event. Time to think about our june brew grass festival.

^best.owner.ever

mikec142

Win,

Quick question...what are your thoughts on making quadpacks available earlier in the off season? If I recall correctly, they are usually available in the month of November and I typically buy 2-3 of them at one time. If you were to make them available from July-November, I might buy one of them per month (total of 5-6) as it would make it easier from a budgeting and cash flow standpoint. I'm not sure how this would affect Sugarbush though...

cdskier

Funny you should ask, as the SB website states this:

• Limit: two Quad Packs per person.

I thought I remembered there being a limit, but was too lazy to look it up. He could still be using multiple family names though (2 for him, 2 for wife, etc).

mikec142

I thought I remembered there being a limit, but was too lazy to look it up. He could still be using multiple family names though (2 for him, 2 for wife, etc).

Absolutely...could always add my wife. More thinking from a cash flow standpoint (I'm pretty regimented about budgeting). I like the idea of four monthly payments of $250 more than one lump sum payment of $1000. I'm wondering if Sugarbush could generate more quadpack sales if the time frame was longer. Either way it's all good. Just wondering if my idea is a win/win situation.

bdfreetuna

I'm heading up for a day. Lez be real.. Paradise/chutes + Castlerock @ 100% is the best offering on the table right now.

Paid 1/2 price and will make sure to pack food/drink ;)

Let's be clear... Jay Peak had lift issues early and Killington "contracted" early. Stowe closed a month early for whatever reason. Smuggs could have stayed rocking but decided to stick to the plan. Bolton and MRG are on a tight budget and can't fudge the initial plan too much. There is an opening for Sugarbush here, and they took advantage of it this spring.

bdfreetuna

Sugar Bush is no opening midweek after April 22.
And Killington will only have superstar pod, keep driving to Jay.

Jay will only have Jet Triple open... which is better IMO than Superstar pod, at least initially... but the extra drive negates that. Also I think Killington will keep running K-1 past April 22. If I have bad intel on that LMK!

WinS

I hope everyone enjoyed the last day of winter today. :) Hopefully, the sun will be appearing early tomorrow and soften things up. Sunday is looking very sunny and warmer. Our groomers plan to go a bit wild tonight. We will hit the normal trails as well as winching Ripcord. We meant to do that last night but the winch cat broke down and needed to me repaired today. It is good to go thanks to our crack vehicle maintenance team. Since we are leaving Stein's and Upper Organgrinder alone, the groomers are heading over to Castlerock to get Castlerock Run, Middle Earth and Troll Road. When the sun hits those they should be really sweet tomorrow and Sunday. Umbrella bar and band in the plaza tomorrow.

WinS

A number of families do just this. Mike's idea is worth thinking about although almost all are sold in the final 48 hours. People seem to like deadlines. The same is true for our season passes.

Boxtop Willie

I'm a Sugarbush lifer. It's April 20th and they're planning on grooming Middle Earth tonight? Seriously? When, if ever, has that happened this late in the year? Absolutely fantastic. I can't get there fast enough. Love the debate on this board on where to ski this weekend. Win's post was the answer. And finally some Spring skiing...thought I was going to die last Saturday. Everybody enjoy. And... "Thanks Win".

cdskier

I'm a Sugarbush lifer. It's April 20th and they're planning on grooming Middle Earth tonight? Seriously? When, if ever, has that happened this late in the year? Absolutely fantastic. I can't get there fast enough. Love the debate on this board on where to ski this weekend. Win's post was the answer. And finally some Spring skiing...thought I was going to die last Saturday. Everybody enjoy. And... "Thanks Win".

I'll second this. Should be a great weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

teleo

I'll second this. Should be a great weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
Just got here. 36 degrees with light snow flurries. Looks like winter in sugarbush village on april 20th[emoji16] I like it.