Steelers/Chargers fiasco

AlpineZone

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Steelers/Chargers fiasco

    Was listening to the fan at lunch. Francesca is going apeshit over that overturned meaningless touchdown to end the game. Meaningless except for the 65 million that it swung to the bookies. I was thinking that last night watching that bs unfold. It was bad enough that there were 13 penalties called on the steelers and only one on the chargers.


  2. #2
    stop exaggerating. i heard there were 2 penalties against the chargers

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    stop exaggerating. i heard there were 2 penalties against the chargers

    lol, yes and no. the 2nd penalty was the phantom one at the end of the game. the illegal forward pass that never happened.

    so no, i'm not exaggerating. It was 13 to 1.

  4. #4
    Yup, I was watching that disgrace yesterday with my father in law and even after replaying it about a 1/2 dozen times on the DVR, still couldn't see what illegal forward pass the refs were looking at. Should've been 17-10 Steelers. When the refs went to review to play/discuss things, I honestly thought that all that was in question is whether or not the Steeler's would get to kick the meaningless extra point!

    Hands down this season there are certain things that just just can't figure out what the media's lovefest is about:

    - The Cowboys (OVERRATED)
    - The Charger's and LaDanian Tomlinson (OVERRATED)
    - The Ravens Defense (OVERRATED)
    - The Jets + Brett Favre (OVERRATED)

    Right now, it appears that the Superbowl goes through the defending champs, although at this time last year it looked like the superbowl champs were based in Foxboro.
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

    '17 - '18 Season:
    November: 12,18,19,24,26 (Mount Snow)
    December: 2,3,10 (Mount Snow) 9 (Stratton)

  5. #5
    Didnt they kick the extra point? I thought they did ( but cant remember exactly) I thought that after the next play has been run that they can not go back.

    My buddy from work was very disappointed when Pitt. kicked the Field Goal to take the lead, instead of the TD. So he did not cover the spread.
    104(12/13)
    105
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
    Didnt they kick the extra point? I thought they did ( but cant remember exactly) I thought that after the next play has been run that they can not go back.

    My buddy from work was very disappointed when Pitt. kicked the Field Goal to take the lead, instead of the TD. So he did not cover the spread.
    thats the point entirely. When san diego got the ball back, there were 5 seconds left. game over really. so Rivers throws a short pass to tomlinson, complete, and tomlinson handed the ball off backwards to someone else. then that guy threw a pass backwards about 5 yards that polomalu picked up and ran into the endzone with. TD, end of game, steelers cover. Instead, they review the play and come up with some incoherent explanation on a play that should never have been reviewed. the steelers win either way. the only reason to look at is........i can not think of one. why are they even looking at it? it was ruled a td on the field, game over no one cares.

    but wait, the line was the steelers by 5. The polomalu freak td to end the game means they cover. so take it away, chargers cover and instead 65 million goes back to the bookies. 100 mill was wagered on the game, 65 mill on the steelers by 5.

    i'm no conspiracy nut when it comes to football, i dont think games are fixed or any of that bs but this one just made no sense at all.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
    Didnt they kick the extra point? I thought they did ( but cant remember exactly) I thought that after the next play has been run that they can not go back.

    My buddy from work was very disappointed when Pitt. kicked the Field Goal to take the lead, instead of the TD. So he did not cover the spread.
    Nope, no extra point, (it was 17-10 then), and then after review, the called the touchdown back saying that an illegal forward pass had happened???? Took the 6 off the board and then it's a 11-10 game - steelers still won, but didn't cover
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

    '17 - '18 Season:
    November: 12,18,19,24,26 (Mount Snow)
    December: 2,3,10 (Mount Snow) 9 (Stratton)

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Yup, I was watching that disgrace yesterday with my father in law and even after replaying it about a 1/2 dozen times on the DVR, still couldn't see what illegal forward pass the refs were looking at. Should've been 17-10 Steelers. When the refs went to review to play/discuss things, I honestly thought that all that was in question is whether or not the Steeler's would get to kick the meaningless extra point!

    Hands down this season there are certain things that just just can't figure out what the media's lovefest is about:

    - The Cowboys (OVERRATED)
    - The Charger's and LaDanian Tomlinson (OVERRATED)
    - The Ravens Defense (OVERRATED)
    - The Jets + Brett Favre (OVERRATED)

    Right now, it appears that the Superbowl goes through the defending champs, although at this time last year it looked like the superbowl champs were based in Foxboro.

    I will give u someother ones
    The Falcons (underrated)
    The Redskins (underrated)
    The Titans (underrrated)
    The Dolphins (underrated)
    The Giants (underrated)
    The Cardinals (underrated)

    The Colts (overrated)
    The Panthers (overrated)
    The Jaguars were (overrated) now they just suck for some reason
    The Broncos (overrated)

  9. #9
    That was the most ridiculous play ever . . . I lost $5 on that play, but could've won $35 if the score was what it was supposed to be.

    What I really don't like is the pious attitude that all of these commentators take toward gambling. On "Around the Horn" yesterday, it was like a feeding frenzy on who could denounce gambling the fastest. Mariotti said something like "I have no sympathy for degenerate gamblers. Spend the money on something important, like your kids."

    Screw him, gambling is fun, it makes the games mean something, and if it wasn't for gambling and fantasy, football wouldn't have even close to the amount of viewership that it has. Recognize that it's there, and don't insult the people who do it, because most of those people also watch your show.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:25 PM.