• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lurkers vs. Posters

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
A quick troll through the Members list suggest to me that there are about 250 active posters, and about 1350 active lurkers. For my research, I define: Posters have more than 100 posts and have posted recently, Lurkers have zero posts and have visited since October 1st.

I'd also be interested in seeing how many Industry Reps are lurking.

I'd bet Greg has a better perspective /better analysis tools, but I'd be interested in hearing how close this is to reality.

Greg

Staff member
The active member count (currently 1,641) is listed at the bottom of the forum main page. "Active members" are defined as members that have logged in within the past 30 days. There are 13 members that we have defined as "industry reps". There are likely many more that we don't know about.

It's as close to reality as any data that I'm going to have. We're looking at the same database after all... :)