• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Google Earth

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
ALLSKIING said:
riverc0il said:
unfortunatley, my system can't run the software without some distortion :(
I am interested on how well it runs with a state of the art computer? Anyone...Greg I think I remember you getting a computer with nitrous. :lol: :wink:
I believe it's your bandwidth that makes the biggest difference. At work, the screen draws very quickly, but at home (newer PC) and with only a ~1 mbps DSL it is noticeably slower. Still very useable and with the pro-speed DSL I'll be getting soon (up to 3 mbps) it should work really well.

I'll be Greg is right, it seems a little better on my work laptop while I'm at work than it does when I'm at home using DSL through the wireless router. Its not a really big difference in my case but the laptop is brand new. It works pretty smooth and really isn't much different then my work desktop which is much more powerful.

Greg, you'll have to let us know if its better with the pro DSL..

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i have cable with a very fast download connection. whereas my computer only has 128 RAM on a 666Mhz, i say it's the comp as my download speeds are really fast compared to other connections i have used.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
allow me to clarify, the "drawing" is pretty fast except when i add multiples layers such as buildings, roads, and other features. however, i am reciving "splotches" in which certain sections of the map are not viewable or are not easily viewable. that seems to be the limitation i was referring to as when i free up resources i get slightly better imaging results.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
You guys still playing around with this? Nice shot of the Chin.

dca36826.jpg

ALLSKIING

Staff member
ski_resort_observer said:
Have any of you guys bought the Pro option? Alot of the places that I check out have such poor resolution. Does the Pro option have more places with good resolution?
I think the res is all the same no matter what option you have.

bvibert

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
You guys still playing around with this? Nice shot of the Chin.

dca36826.jpg

I stopped playing with it when I had almost all of the ski areas in the North East placemarked and the program crashed causing to me to loose all the ones I entered since my last save! :angry:

Here's the ones I managed to save if anyone is interested:
http://skiing.bvibert.com/misc/ski.kmz