• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Google Earth

bvibert

Staff member
Greg is there an easy way to integrate Bviberts and your ski info page to G.E.?

Have you seen the Ski Area Locator Map? I know it's not quite a fun as Google Earth, but some of the info there came from my .kmz file linked to earlier in this thread. All the data had to be converted from the .kmz format to a format that was easier to read with the mapper code though, so I don't think there's an easy way to bring that complete set of data back into Google Earth...

Greg

Staff member
Some areas in CT have been updated as well. Ski areas like the mighty Ski Sundown are visible in slighty higher resolution:

sundown.jpg

Based on the status of my development, I would date the imagery as sometime last summer.

Greg

Staff member
Maine imagery is much improved as well:

Saddleback:
google_earth_saddleback.png

Sunday River:
google_earth_sunday_river.png

Sugarloaf/USA:
google_earth_sugarloaf.png

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
If you save an image you can then use the sharpening tool in whatever image software is on your puter to improve it. I suppose it does depend on the quality of the software. It doesn't helpl low res images like Sundown but ones like Saddleback can be improved. I use the cropping tool alot as well.

Here are two improved version with very easy tweaking. Compare these with Greg's "naked image uploads" in his post and I hope they look improved. Very easy to do.

loaf2.jpg

saddlbk2.jpg

Last edited:

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Don't know if this has been covered, but in the preferences for GE there's a setting that's how much of what you're viewing is in sharp, high-quality. Normally it's just an area in the middle of the screen and the edges of the image drop into lower-res.