• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pocket size ski lock?

madskier6

It's not to difficult to see how a potential thief(a-hole) walking around the racks with 1 ski looking for the other wouldn'r really raise much suspiscion. Playing around with a lock though, that's much more likely to raise suspicion, especially when there are so many unlocked skis/boards in and around your typical base area.

Agreed. Locks are better than separating the skis. I also think separating the skis is better than doing nothing. I also don't think it's necessarily a gaper move but GSS has his own ideas. :lol:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Mine looks like this...but has a key instead of a combo thingy. I picked it up for $15-$17 at the local Sports Authority last year. Get the longest cable you can find. All the racks at Mount Snow are tall. I'm sure it helps with keeping the skis in place...but the distance from the rear binding to the rack is really far. I end up having to put our skis on the end of the rack so I have enough cable to loop around.

314rzUc5T3L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
I use something very similar, and find I can get the cable around the racks if I put the skis tails up.

snowmonster

You actually don't have to wrap the cable around the bindings. If you have one of those metal ski racks (the one without the straight pegs), all you have to do is stick the ski in the rack then loop the ski around the metal gates/separators (whatever you call them) on the rack. Just keep the cable snug against the ski so there's not much movement. The lock prevents the ski from being pulled away from the rack. The thief would have to pull the ski up or down but the width of the tip or tail will keep the ski from slipping away. At any rate, it's enough of a deterrent.