Le Tour de France

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lynn and Lowell MA
    Posts
    4,380

    Le Tour de France

    Come on guys no talk about this... too busy with the politics.
    Looks like tomorrow or tuesday will be a good day for lance to break off. He said he felt pretty bad after 2days ride, hopefully it wears off


  2. #2
    All depends if there's a cute supermodel to tear him away from the pack... the same way he was torn away from his first wife and kids.

    OK, so I don't know the whole story... I'm just not as impressed by celebrities whose marriages fail. That seems like a big sacrifice to pay for fame and fortune.

    -Stephen

  3. #3
    marcski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Posts
    4,575
    He's with a singer not a supermodel now.

    And...from what i've read..he purchased a house up the block from his ex-wife so he could be close to his kids.

  4. #4
    50% of marriages fail. does that make those people bad human beings?

    go lance!
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

  5. #5
    ALLSKIING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    East Setauket,NY/Killington,VT
    Posts
    6,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    All depends if there's a cute supermodel to tear him away from the pack... the same way he was torn away from his first wife and kids.

    OK, so I don't know the whole story... I'm just not as impressed by celebrities whose marriages fail. That seems like a big sacrifice to pay for fame and fortune.

    -Stephen
    WOW.. What a quote.
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32

  6. #6
    pizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Suffern, NY/Times Square/Killington, VT
    Posts
    259
    I read his book (It's not about the bike) and he really praised his wife for sticking with him through his cancer struggle. So I was really surprised to hear they split up. I'm not sure that what we hear is fact or heresay - remember that there's about 100 million europeans who would like nothing more than to tarnish his reputation. That's a lot of people. I'd be interested to know what is fact and what isn't - but then again, I wouldn't. It's not any of my business. If my experience means anything, our heros' personal lives tend to be disturbing.

    That said, I hope he wins this Tour. What a legacy to the world's toughest bike race. Centuries from now, he'll be remembered as a legend to the race and bicycling in general the way Babe Ruth is a legend to baseball, especially if he wins this one - and I have a feeling people will disregard his divorce the way people now disregard Ruth's gluttonous lifestyle.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lynn and Lowell MA
    Posts
    4,380
    Quote Originally Posted by pizza
    and I have a feeling people will disregard his divorce the way people now disregard Ruth's gluttonous lifestyle.
    Yes i agree, as long as he doesnt pull a barry bonds

  8. #8
    pizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Suffern, NY/Times Square/Killington, VT
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by awf170
    Quote Originally Posted by pizza
    and I have a feeling people will disregard his divorce the way people now disregard Ruth's gluttonous lifestyle.
    Yes i agree, as long as he doesnt pull a barry bonds
    I doubt it, that would tremendously dissapoint me. But even if he did, I wonder how many people would even remember that? They did eventually remove the asterisk next to Roger Maris' home run record, you know - even though extra games do in fact mean an unfair advantage over his predecessor.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lynn and Lowell MA
    Posts
    4,380
    Quote Originally Posted by pizza
    Quote Originally Posted by awf170
    Quote Originally Posted by pizza
    and I have a feeling people will disregard his divorce the way people now disregard Ruth's gluttonous lifestyle.
    Yes i agree, as long as he doesnt pull a barry bonds
    I doubt it, that would tremendously dissapoint me.
    ya, i dont think he ever would either. He seems like a pretty good person when u see the lance croncicials and other stuff. One time he was like these are my vitiams dont let the french see those, they are very top secret

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lynn and Lowell MA
    Posts
    4,380
    About the race 2day that break away was pretty amazing. Team discovery seemed to do better the day before all stayin together. Lance is now in 3rd place but it doesnt seem like a big deal at all

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. La Vuelta a España - Tour of Spain
    By Charlie Schuessler in forum Miscellaneous Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep 2, 2005, 12:25 PM
  2. VeloNews Releases 2005 Tour de France Official Guide
    By Charlie Schuessler in forum Northeast Mountain and Road Biking Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jun 8, 2005, 3:56 PM
  3. Lance Armstrong Going For A 7th Tour De France Win
    By Charlie Schuessler in forum Northeast Mountain and Road Biking Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Feb 17, 2005, 4:24 PM
  4. Le Tour de France
    By Charlie Schuessler in forum Northeast Mountain and Road Biking Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jul 16, 2004, 10:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.